The Red Pill or the Black One at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 12th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #1
Regular Crew

The Red Pill or the Black One

I'm looking for a shoulder support that will switch between my DSLR and EX1. Right now the Zacuto Newsman is the best choice, but for the price I can get an IndirailsPro, a mattebox, a follow focus and lunch. Yes, there are cheaper ones out there, and I'm not in the mood for DIY.

Going hands-on at ReFrameSF with Zacuto was an easy sell, but my past experience with Studio4 says this may be the better idea.

Last edited by Rusty Rogers; December 13th, 2009 at 11:11 AM. Reason: typo
Rusty Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2009, 12:22 PM   #2
Major Player

Have you checked out the redrock micro stuff yet? It's pretty middle of the road pricing and the quality and aesthetics are sweet IMO.

Here is the eyespy deluxe shoulder mount:
eyeSpy Deluxe Bundle DSLR rig

Just like zacuto, there are tons of different customizable configurations you can do. I have a bit of redrock gear so I'm sure I could chime in and help if you are trying to figure out a configuration.

Good luck in finding something!
Cody Dulock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:25 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I just couldn't do it...

The Zacuto is still the best, and the Indirails is good, but both are too bulky.

I went with the EX1 Stronger Plates , and so far I'm pretty impressed. The base is quite burly and the wing holds two wireless receivers in a back-to-back death grip!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports