New Sony shoulder brace. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 10th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New Sony shoulder brace.

It looks like Sony is showing off a new shoulder brace on the EX1R at the Paris show video check it out at 6:32. Interesting... You can see a Sony logo on it. I can't seem to find any other info on it... anybody else?

MacVideo - Camera Technology - Features - World Debut: Sony PMW-EX1R; PMW-350; SxS-1 cards; MEAD-MS01 Memory Stick adapter
Old March 10th, 2010, 11:20 PM   #2
Major Player

The Digital Video Information Network

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr...der-brace.html

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdc...hed-satis.html

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdc...r-support.html

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdc...lable-b-h.html

see if any of that helps, i have been following it myself.
In the video you posted, notice how he shows the handle rotation (1:50), at the same time he showed that the thing is slopping all over the place on the pod contraption. I wonder if it was because its sloppy or he didnt mount it tight yet.
gosh i wish there was a B&H down the street from me :-)
Old March 11th, 2010, 01:44 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I honestly can't see that thing to work out with a ex1 type of camera, the camera needs to offset to the left in order to get the viewfinder in front of your eye, if you look at the video you can see the camera not being horizontal when he looks through the viewfinder.

With a ex3 camera it will work as you can look through the large lcd screen on the side but then again, the support resting at your chest will bring any breathing movement into the picture.

Certainly not worth it's high price to me.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 02:42 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Marty. I might wait til there are some solid reviews on it.
Old October 10th, 2010, 10:02 PM   #5
Trustee

Just jumping in here I just found this forum I wish I knew it was here a long time ago. It looks like the shoulder mount has a "bend" in it for centered viewfinder cameras.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2010, 11:58 AM   #6
New Boot

I just purchased the RRM shoulder mount and it is the best. I used it to video some outdoor interviews and it helped produce steady images. It is pricey but very sturdy. I mounted my both my camera and monitor (a bit heavy in all) but was able to shoot for an hour and a half. I had to get the weights to help balance the load. What I like best is I can also mount the rig right on my tripod and have all of the accessories in place.
Randy Lintecum is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports