Habbycam SD brace? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 14th, 2010, 03:53 PM   #1
Major Player

Habbycam SD brace?

Has anyone used one of these or heard anything about them? I just ordered one so we will see...
Old April 28th, 2010, 04:55 PM   #2
Major Player

I returned the item right away. I will however give them an A+ for sarcasm and poor business skills.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 10:55 AM   #3
Major Player

I was looking at these last night.

Why the return? Was it build qualiy or something else?
Reid Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2010, 05:35 PM   #4
New Boot

Habby Cam shoulder mount

I bought the Habby Cam shoulder mount through Adorama for use with Sony NX5. Seems to work well. Setup and adjustment to use eye piece viewer took me about 10min. I found it important to get the mount adjusted to set the shoulder brace firmly against my shoulder to avoid having to much weight at my left hand. I have only used the device a short time, but so far I am pleased with purchase.
Rick Pugsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2010, 09:19 PM   #5
Major Player

It really did not seem to do much to balance the camera, instead it added more weight which had to be supported by the hand. I expected the shoulder brace would take some weight off, but even with the camera slid all the way back towards me it did not seem to do that. I researched prior to buying it and really came up with hardly any user reviews or info at all, just someone on another forum commenting on their lack of professionalism. I was able to return it and did get my money back without a hassle which was good. I did however receive sarcastic unprofessional emails from them regarding the return. I also feel their lack of general business skills through the entire process needed a lot of work. I felt like I was buying this from a street vendor rather than a company who is representing themselves as "an industry standard for over a decade."
Old June 12th, 2010, 12:11 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Are their products similar to the habbycam that would work?

I need a device for my NXCAM to transform it into a shoulder cam for ENG/Event Camera work for a sporting team.

Habbycam looks good but Chad's remarks have put me off them.

Have you found anything else Chad?
Matt Shefford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports