Piecing together a custom rig for my 60d at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 27th, 2011, 12:03 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Piecing together a custom rig for my 60d

So I have been looking into shoulder rigs for a while now. I was looking very heavily into the indisystem ultracompact and also looking at the possibility of dvtech but that seemed a bit expensive. However I came across this video

Cheap $20 Shoulder Rig Works Perfectly for HDSLR Work ? DSLR Video Shooter

and it got me thinking.

What if I bought the cowboy studio shoulder support for $30

and an indiRAILpro system for $100 (or possibly the indiRAILpro DSLR for $150, but I'm still not 100% sure the difference between the two, if its just a quick release plate it might make more sense to just buy the monofroto qr for $30 and save the $20. If anyone knows about this please let me know.)

indiSYSTEM - indiRAILSpro 12

That would give me a really solid shoulder rig for 130 dollars (+ another 30-50 for a qr so lets call it $180) I would want to buy a handle

The redrock seems nice but is a bit expensive, does anyone know of anything comprable but cheaper?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/672713-REG/Redrock_Micro_2_19_0009.html
But i think if i put all those together I would have a really cool rig. I could also add on the indisystem MaxiMount to mount a zoom on top if i wanted. and we are talking a fairly solid rig for under $300

I'm also looking at the D-Focus system but want to use the Indisystem snap rings instead of whatever gears they have. Does anyone know if these two are compatible?

Also if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them. I kind of pieced this together in theory but I have no idea how it would handle in real life. I think It would make a really nice rig though for quite cheap. So if anyone has any info they could share I'd really appreciate it.
Peter Weisberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports