the DIY shoulder brace has evolved at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 2nd, 2011, 05:44 PM   #1
Major Player

the DIY shoulder brace has evolved

I've been tweaking and trying a variety of different things with my shoulder brace, all in an effort to make it more functional.
several photos are here;
Zenfolio | Wayne Reimer | Camera equipment

The first concern to address was security; I wanted to find a way to anchor it to my torso so that even losing my grip completely, the camera would not hit the ground.
I think I solved that issue; a quick release harness of the type used by birders for carrying binoculars against their chest. Loops over both shoulders and connected to the shoulder brace gives me some additional security without impeding my ability to shoot.
I also wanted to increase the choices for attaching various accessories...lights, external monitor, etc. An old flash bracket, cut down and attached to the brace gave me a couple of additional points to mount things via cold shoe mounts.
lastly, a Manfrotto superclamp gave me a spot to mount my field monitor via a short articulating arm.
Still working on a method to attach a belt level brace; I think I have that figured out, just waiting for a couple of parts to arrive
Wayne Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:18 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: the DIY shoulder brace has evolved

That's the first 4 point shoulder rig I've seen. Nice job.
Steve Rusk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports