MOVCAM DSLR/HDV support at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports

Old April 8th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #1
Major Player

MOVCAM DSLR/HDV support

Has anybody seen this series of rigs from Movcam? They seem all right for the price. The follow focus looks nice. The monitor is useless probably thought...

hdslr/hdv professional support

at the bottom of the linked page is a video of the follow focus unit...

There are four possible combinations to chose from.--> MOVCAM HDSLR/HDV Professional Support Studio Configuration

I'm thinking of buying the last one. The one meant for cameras not DSLRs. Any opinions? I've searched the net but couldn't find a single review?? Has anybody seen a review of this kit?
Sanjin Svajger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: MOVCAM DSLR/HDV support

Sanjin,

Check out what this Australian distributor has posted about Movcam's line of camera stabilizers and the "usage and safety issues."

steadicam camera stabilizer movcam

The support page concludes with this warning: "any purchase from Movcam is made with your own risk until further notice".
Old April 9th, 2011, 05:41 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: MOVCAM DSLR/HDV support

That's a rather grim text:)

I don't know...I've used their "Knight 202" steadicam and had no grips with it.

Anyway this here is not a steadicam. It is a shoulder mount. I doubt it could be sooo bad. What do you think about the follow focus?
Sanjin Svajger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports