ATTN Spider Brace owners at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports

Old August 18th, 2005, 10:12 AM   #1
Major Player

ATTN Spider Brace owners

I want to order a Spider Brace 2 for my DVC80. Spider Brace seems to charge a flat shipping fee of $14.95. Will that get me brace delivered in seven days? I absolutely need the brace in seven days for a freelance shoot. I e-mailed the company and am waiting for a response. How long did it take for you to receive your brace after you ordered it?
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2005, 10:20 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Tim,

I've asked Marcos Gonzalez to check into this and I hope to hear back from him shortly.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2005, 10:59 AM   #3
Major Player

Chris rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Hi Tim,

I've asked Marcos Gonzalez to check into this and I hope to hear back from him shortly.
Chris, you ARE the man! How cool of you.
Old August 18th, 2005, 11:27 AM   #4
Major Player

USPS Priority Mail

Marcos told me three business days. Excellent! I just ordered the Spider Brace 2, which I will use to shoot a college soccer game, a college volleyball game, and a live music video 8/26-8/29. I think a shoulder support will save my butt taping the concert. I can't imagine shooting continuously for 45 minutes without something like this. I started shooting on shoulder-mount VHS consumer cameras, so I guess they spoiled me in that sense when it comes to shooting long scenes. I will be one of two cameras shooting from on and in front of the stage while a third camera on the balcony captures a wide shot of the whole band. Wish we had the space and budget for moving crane shots :)

TJB
Old August 18th, 2005, 04:12 PM   #5
Major Player

I ordered one on a LATE wednesday night (it was after midnight, so technically it was thursday morning) and I received it saturday morning from my postman. I was shocked at how quickly it arrived...in fact, a week earlier than I really NEEDED it, so I got an extra weekend to play wih it and get used to shooting with it.

I'm thrilled with the purchase, and am getting GREAT results with it!
Duane Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2005, 12:17 AM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

Passing along a reply from Marcos:

" Virtually all my domestic Spiderbrace shipments take 3 days to arrive. I usually ship on the same day."

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2005, 09:44 AM   #7
Major Player

Spider Brace 2 and shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Smith
I ordered one on a LATE wednesday night (it was after midnight, so technically it was thursday morning) and I received it saturday morning from my postman. I was shocked at how quickly it arrived...in fact, a week earlier than I really NEEDED it, so I got an extra weekend to play wih it and get used to shooting with it.

I'm thrilled with the purchase, and am getting GREAT results with it!
I know what you mean, Duane. I ordered at Thursday noon and received my Spider Brace package Saturday morning.

My Spider Brace 2 works as advertised, which is all anyone can ask. Although it's taking some getting used to, I'm already enjoying the benefits of distributing the camera weight among my two arms and shoulder; shooting is much less fatiguing. The Spider Brace 2 is no magic bullet by any means, but it's a useful tool, and I'm sure I'll get even better results the more I use it. Walking with the Spider Brace 2, I can get smoother dolly shots by countering the light bounce with my forearms. Keeping your muscles and joints loose seems to help, as shooting with a rigid posture just transfers abrupt movements to your camera. One cool thing I've noticed is that the PVC material flexes a very small amount under the camera's weight, which along with the soft padding around the Spider Braces, seems to absorb some some of the bounce that results from walking for breathing heavily.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that my Libec ZC-3DV zoom controller fits the Spider Brace 2 handles. Using the zoom controller on the right-side handle, leaves my left hand avaiable to change my DVC80's exposure settings. The whole rig is lightweight, affordable, and practical. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Old August 22nd, 2005, 10:07 AM   #8
Trustee

Tim, I started a thread and should have topiced it better...

How would you compare using your Spider Brace vs using a monopod? I have a sports event I am now working and wondering where it would be best I spent the money. Thanks.
George Ellis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports