Questions about dvrig xl at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 2nd, 2005, 08:38 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Questions about dvrig xl

ok I got my DV Rig in last night and played around with it for a few hours, and I noticed a few "things" (I hesitate to say problems because they are things that could ultimately be overlooked) that I wanted to get some feedback on.

First off, I wanted to say what a great piece of equipment. I really love it, and I would love it more if the shoulder rest had more of a grip to it. It is well cushioned, but I felt it slip a little when I was handling it, and I wanted to know if someone might have a suggestion for something (rubber padding or the stuff skate boarders use on their boards) that might give me a little more grip.

Secondly, is there a way to add another handle on the other side of it if I so chose? It was very stable when I was moving donw my street with it last night but I found myself concerned as to what my other hand was doing, because it was not holding the camera up.

That's it, and like I said, this is a first class piece of equipment. If you are planning on buying one, go ahead and do it, but those who already have the DV Rig XL let me know if you are experiencing the same things.
Joseph Ivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2005, 04:43 PM   #2
Major Player

shoulder rest.....

I don't have the DVrig but I've had the same problem on my shoulder dv innovator rig. I cut a piece of foam rubber that slants along the shoulder line and velcrode it on. Cut the foam with a slant that fits the shoulder line. That gives an even balance to the rig and helps keep it on the shoulder.
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2005, 07:19 PM   #3
Regular Crew

The DV Rig XL is made with one handle so that you can use your free hand to control manual focus, f-stops, manual zoom...
Old September 4th, 2005, 02:39 PM   #4
Regular Crew

yeah I know why it has only one handle and it may just take some getting used to, but I found that it might be easier to habe another handle. I mena, you can always get a vz rocker to control the zoom and focus and attach it to the handle
Joseph Ivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2005, 12:20 PM   #5
DV Rig Pro

There is no Lanc focus controler that is "Really" useful.

Danny.
Danny Natovich is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports