DV Info Net

DV Info Net (http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Shoulder & Handheld Supports (http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/shoulder-handheld-supports/)
-   -   Seeking 1/4" male to male coupler (http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/shoulder-handheld-supports/516136-seeking-1-4-male-male-coupler.html)

Ed Hecht April 26th, 2013 06:38 PM

Seeking 1/4" male to male coupler
I am a current owner of a Cinevate Small Camera Articulating Grip and was wondering if it's possible to buy the wheel featured here separately:
Small Camera Articulating Grip
Or some reasonable facsimile. I just bought a Canon 6D and the articulating aspect isn't optimal for this heavier camera (vs APS-C units). Thanks in advance!

Alastair Traill April 27th, 2013 08:31 AM

Re: Seeking 1/4" male to male coupler
Hi Ed,
Do you just need an adjustable joint between the camera and the grip? Have you considered a simple ball head. These normally come as a male / female assembly but if you screwed a suitable length of 20 tpi threaded rod into the female end would this provide what you want? A neat way to do it would be to use a 20 tpi grubscrew which are available in various lengths. If necessary it could be held in place with Loctite or similar.

Ed Hecht April 27th, 2013 03:42 PM

Re: Seeking 1/4" male to male coupler
Thanks, Alastair. That's a great idea. Here in the US, grubscrews are called set screws and look to be available at Home Depot. Though the ball head idea is a good starting point, it adds a bit more height than I would like. Thanks so much for setting the wheels in motion!

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:36 PM.

DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2019 The Digital Video Information Network