waist belt with spring loaded support options - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old November 27th, 2015, 06:57 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: waist belt with spring loaded support options

I'll check out your 'saved by the rod' thread as I would like to give it a real go and the fact that it's too long has stopped me - it would go some way to making evening receptions easier on my back and is more versatile than a monopod.
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2015, 06:33 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Hey Pete

It also gives great stability if you are using manual lenses with no OIS ..my 5 axis stabilisation on my Panasonics is awesome so I don't need the rod anymore ... I used the big tube almost closed and let the thinner top tube/spring do all the work. Good for long dance sequences .. However I'm so glad I moved to smaller and lighter cameras .. Maybe you should consider a simple twin handle frame like I use for handheld ... it really gives you easy shooting and the foam grips are close enough to the camera body to allow be to get to buttons without moving my hands?
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2015, 07:39 AM   #18
Trustee

Also worth checking out maybe?

VariZoom VZLSP Video Camera & DSLR Supports

I use one of these quite often with smaller cams like the X70, had it since Z1 days. Also from Varizoom but without the shock absorber.

VariZoom VZLSP Video Camera & DSLR Supports

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2015, 07:46 AM   #19
Inner Circle

I have seen similar systems where the support part leans against the upper or lower body, the only problem I saw with it was that breathing motion is transfered onto the camera while that is not the case if you suspend it from a belt.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2015, 01:30 PM   #20
Tourist

I use this belt with a manfrotto monopod and a 701 head.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00

I couldn't stand the rod's spring that shipped with that belt...it's filmsy and pretty much impossible to use for smooth tilts.
Diego Cervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2015, 05:07 AM   #21
Inner Circle

Received mine and like has been pointed out it's too long but that depends how heavy your rig is, it's current length is designed for heavy cameras and I tested the amount of weight you have to place on it to get it to eye height which is around 12kg when you have the foot placed inside the belt that's around your waste. The design is pretty simple, just 3 tubes with 2 springs inside and you can take it apart so I am going to cut the tube and spring back.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports