DV Multi Rig at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 17th, 2006, 11:52 AM   #1
Tourist

DV Multi Rig

Hello,
I've been a lurker here for a while but have never posted. Great site - great information. I've recently been in the market for some type of support or stabilizer. Had thought about a DIY fig rig until the DV Multi Rig became an option. Really excited about getting one of these.

http://dannynatovich.bizland.com/nonamerig/

It seems like a "cousin" of the DVRigPro which I've heard great things about. Just wondering if anyone has experience using the DVRigPro with the DVX and, if so, what your experiences have been like? Do you think the Multi Rig is a better option? I love the fact that it seems so versatile and compact. I'm primarily interested in doc/verite work and this thing seems perfect. Any opinions? Thanks for a great forum!
Dustin Ogdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 03:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Multi Rig and DV rig pro

I emailed Danny Natovich (inventor of the DVrig Pro) asking almost the same questions. I am contemplating whether I should get a DVrig PRo or the Multi-Rig. I do weddings and I would like a decent support to keep me last for a long time. This is what he told me

"The Pro is like a 4x4 pick up truck, You can load it with all your acc. Light, Ext batt, Ext mic, WL receiver Etc. and go to work
for 6 hours with no fatigue and lot of comfort. If you need this kind of platform with two grips and a support pod then the pro is for you.

The Multi rig is like a two seat sorts car or a Swiss army knife, Its fast, Light and you can configure it to many uses. there is no point in using it in one configuration like a wedding job, It can do lot more for run and gun situations and can be easily converted to many shooting styles and folded for easy transport. It is possible to mount acc. on it but this will be like using the Swiss army knife as a bottle opener only."

I used the spiderbrace last weekend for a wedding. It is good as a support for run and gun situtation. It gave me some stable shots. But after holding it for a while my arms get tired. So right now I think I need something better.
Billy Mallari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 05:22 PM   #3
DV Rig Pro

DvRigPro.- a platform for weddings and events with all the ACC mounted best for loooong time periods. Very impressive look.

DVJuniorRig - Compact, Light unnoticeable, Fast and great for small places for touring hiking Etc.

DVMultiRig - Run and Gun, All in one tool.

EngRig - for front heavy full size shoulder camcorders.

All models are equiped with our spring loaded shock absorbing support pod, One have to try it to understand its effect.

Danny.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 07:48 AM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Natovich
DvRigPro.- a platform for weddings and events with all the ACC mounted best for loooong time periods. Very impressive look.

DVJuniorRig - Compact, Light unnoticeable, Fast and great for small places for touring hiking Etc.

DVMultiRig - Run and Gun, All in one tool.

EngRig - for front heavy full size shoulder camcorders.

All models are equiped with our spring loaded shock absorbing support pod, One have to try it to understand its effect.

Danny.
I vote for the DvRig Pro. I used it again for a 9 hour wedding shoot and loaded it up with a wireless, lighting (battery pack on back of rig), shotgun mic, and LANC controller. I also use the tripod adapter, so I can mount the entire rig on a tripod for resting or lockdown shooting.

The only fatigue that I felt was in my feet.

Though it's not as stable as shooting on a stationary tripod, it is more stable than handheld or shooting on a monopod.
I was able to move freely from one point to another, all the while reframing my shots at a moments notice. Something that you just can't do with a monopod or stationary tripod.
Shots were creative dutch angles, high profile booming, and more, as well as very stable handheld shooting.

I would highly recommend the DvRig Pro for anyone who does event videography work, as this is by far the best investment I have made to date for ease of use, versatility, and convenience.

I am looking formward to getting my hands on a MultiRig and take it for a test ride to compare the two, as well.
I was seriously looking into Bogen's FigRig, but after further review, am really leaning towards the MultiRig.
As the MultiRig seems to offer you a shooting configuration similar to the FigRig ((2 hands spread wide), as well as many more shooting configurations. I have an associate who has a FigRig, so if I get a MultiRig, I might do a comparision of the two.

And to top things off, Danny Natovich the inventor of this is fantastic and extremely helpful to work with.

BTW Danny, can you shoot me an email when the MultiRig becomes available?

PS:
"DvRigPro.- a platform for weddings and events with all the ACC mounted best for loooong time periods. Very impressive look."
BTW my shoot last weekend had at least 10 diferent people that were looking at my setup and wanting to try it out. I picture the MultiRig would get just as many looks.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 08:28 AM   #5
DV Rig Pro

OK Michael,

and here is your tripod bracket. it folds out of the way when on the shoulder.
Attached Thumbnails
DV Multi Rig-dvrigpro-tripod-bracketsmall.jpg  
Old May 22nd, 2006, 09:56 AM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Natovich
OK Michael,

and here is your tripod bracket. it folds out of the way when on the shoulder.
Thanks Danny, this should be helpful. I'll test it out.

BTW, I just sent you an email with a new arm suggestion that could be a great all in one solution as well. This could be sold as an accessory or as a permanent arm solution. BTW, it could also be an additional accessory point.

This could literally make the DVRig Pro (loaded to the gills), an all in one shooting rig, suitable for any situation (run and gun or tripod).

Thanks again,
Michael
Michael Liebergot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 08:33 PM   #7
Major Player

Price?

Any idea how much this fabulous rig will cost?
Dave Dodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 06:24 AM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dodds
Any idea how much this fabulous rig will cost?
Dave, no word on price yet...Trust me I'be tried.

Danny did say that the basic package will be less than the Fig Rig, and the fully loaded kit will be considerable less than the DVRig Pro.
Old July 7th, 2006, 05:25 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Havent heard anything on release yet eh?

Still waiting for my prize, cant wait :)
Daniel Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2006, 12:11 AM   #10
DV Rig Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wang
Havent heard anything on release yet eh?

Still waiting for my prize, cant wait :)
Have a look at the price list page at www.dvmultirig.com, we are taking orders for end of July deliveries.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports