DVRIGPRO Uses? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 9th, 2006, 05:44 PM   #1
Tourist

DVRIGPRO Uses?

I've only seen comments that the DVRIGPRO is only good for weddings, events, etc. Has anyone tried it for making short films, music videos, etc?

Also does it work with 35mm adapters?

Thanks
Dan Ceccorulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 10:22 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hello Dan,

I just recently got one. On my experience with it - ALL of the above. It gives you the ability to have virtually tripod shots and yet be mobile - tight quarters - even modest "steadicam" like movement - note the word modest - all without the physical discomfort one gets from a 6 - 8 hour event. I would highly recommend it - money well spent. Since I got it I have yet to shoot without it - makes that much of a difference. Would recommend that you also get a lanc controller if you take the plunge. Using it with the Sony Z1U. Not certain on the 35mm adapters - thinking of adding a Chroziel matte box with rods on a Zacuto base on my end. Need to get that answered for myself prior to purchase. Suspect it will end up to be a total weight issue but most likely it will work. It appears to be quite capable of handling the additional accessories - high quality materials - nicely done.

Cheers,

George
George Yousko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:51 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Dan,

Quick note - Danny of DVTek is known to respond from time to time on these threads - on this one he failed to magically appear. Drop him a note directly on his web site - he will get back to you. Let us know what the answer is on the use of 35mm adapters.

http://www.dvtec.tv/

George
George Yousko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #4
DV Rig Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Yousko
Dan,

Quick note - Danny of DVTek is known to respond from time to time on these threads - on this one he failed to magically appear. Drop him a note directly on his web site - he will get back to you. Let us know what the answer is on the use of 35mm adapters.

http://www.dvtec.tv/

George
Here I am.

Yes, the DvRigPro and the MultiRig will support 35mm adaptors. With some set
ups you will have to add some weight to the back balance weight, Very easy to do. in extreme dases when in addition to the 35 adaptor you also use a heavy matte box w/ filters, a large monitor with the batt attached to it, a heavy shoot gun, and a light it might be good to make the support pod spring harder we can send you an additional spring for 10 $.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports