DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Shoulder & Handheld Supports (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/shoulder-handheld-supports/)
-   -   DVMulti Rig and Audio setup pics now online (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/shoulder-handheld-supports/78500-dvmulti-rig-audio-setup-pics-now-online.html)

Michael Liebergot October 30th, 2006 10:18 AM

DVMulti Rig and Audio setup pics now online

I have been helping out some new MultiRig users with setup and configurations of their new DVMulti Rigs.

So I have posted a few pictures of my setup online for others to see.
I don't show the unit in pure Fig Rig mode, as I had to use the support pod, in order for me to handhold both the rig and the camera at the same time.

Keep in mind that these are the most used and basic modes you will be shooting in, and depending on your shooting style and setup, you may prefer others.

With this setup I never have to add or take any accessory off my rig, and am able to change configurations to any of the basic shooting modes, handheld (w/without support pod)m Fig Rig, Shoulder supported, Low Profile (you can still keep the support pod attached and lay on the flow to shoot if you like), or tripod mounted.

The only thing that may take a little bit of time, might be screwing/unscrewing the support pod from the bottom of the rig.

You will also find some pics of my audio setup: Mic Stand, Bracket, wireless handheld, and Zoom H4 (or R-09 not pictured).
I can also attach my PSC Promix 3 field mixer to the same mic stand by using a music sheet holder (clamped to the stand) and some velcro to run more mics into this setup for live recital work.

http://www.lvproductions.net/equiptmentsetup.htm

Christian Mallari October 30th, 2006 03:03 PM

the link won't work :}

Michael Liebergot October 30th, 2006 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christian Mallari
the link won't work :}

It should work, noone else has reported a problem.

If for some reason you can't click on the hyperlink, then try copying and pasting it in your browse address bar.
Also, I don't know why, but your firewall might be blocking it, depending where you are viewing it from.

Tom Tomkowiak October 30th, 2006 04:18 PM

No problem viewing it here, and I'm behind a bunch of corporate firewalls.

Anyway, thanks for posting. I have the DVRigPro and I've been wondering what the MultiRig looked like in real life.

Michael Liebergot October 30th, 2006 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Tomkowiak
No problem viewing it here, and I'm behind a bunch of corporate firewalls.

Anyway, thanks for posting. I have the DVRigPro and I've been wondering what the MultiRig looked like in real life.

I ahve a DVRig Pro as well, although I haven't used it in a while because I've been using the Multi exclusively.

Keep in mind that this is a fully loaded up with everything that I may need for a full days shoot. But I do find that I am able to achieve more styes of shooting than the DVRig allows me.

Ned Soltz October 30th, 2006 07:04 PM

Great pics! I have been using a DVRig Pro for a while and tested an earlier prototype of the MultiRig this past summer. It is one amazing piece of gear. I'll be picking up a production model next week. Meanwhile, if you look at some of the shots on the web site (www.dvtec.tv) you will notice a distinguished gray-haired gentleman and his HVX. The footage I shot with it was amazingly steady. Glad you are enjoying yours and I'm looking forward to getting and using my permanent rig.

Ned Soltz

Chris Li October 31st, 2006 07:49 AM

setup pics now online

Michael,

Bathroom mirror pix are fabulous. You should mount still camera on the multi rig for those times you need photos and video. Still on the fence about ordering a multi rig.

chris/bethesda MD

Michael Liebergot October 31st, 2006 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ned Soltz
Great pics! I have been using a DVRig Pro for a while and tested an earlier prototype of the MultiRig this past summer. It is one amazing piece of gear. I'll be picking up a production model next week. Meanwhile, if you look at some of the shots on the web site (www.dvtec.tv) you will notice a distinguished gray-haired gentleman and his HVX. The footage I shot with it was amazingly steady. Glad you are enjoying yours and I'm looking forward to getting and using my permanent rig.

Ned Soltz

Ned that was you...nice HVX.

Michael Liebergot October 31st, 2006 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Li
Michael,

Bathroom mirror pix are fabulous. You should mount still camera on the multi rig for those times you need photos and video. Still on the fence about ordering a multi rig.

chris/bethesda MD

Good idea, although I still would need a free hand to take the shots with my camera.
Felt kind of funny taking pics in a bathroom though. I felt like I was invading my own privacy. =) *smirk*

Feel free to ask me any questions on the multi rig. Keep in mind the pics I posted are with a fully loaded rig. Even loaded up fully, the entire setup is still ultra lightweight. Take certain accessories off of it (camera light, wireless, shotgun mic, extra handles) and it becomes very very ultra lightwieght.

BTW you're in Bethesda? I'm in Damascus MD.
If you ever want to take a look at the unit, maybe that can be arranged as well since we both are local.

Ned Soltz November 7th, 2006 01:43 PM

Yes, Michael... that was me + HVX. It is a truly amazing camera.

Picked up a production model of the DVMultiRig today at Danny's factory in Kfar Mlal, Israel. And spent a few hours playing assembly worker screwing grommets into components of future MultiRigs.

I'll be in Israel for another week and it is certainly nice to have the MultiRig Pro to use in a couple of shoots I have planned.

Ned

Christian Mallari November 27th, 2006 09:11 AM

Amazing Multirig

I just got my Multirig yesterday and I would say it was amazing to have this rig. first time to have shoulder stabilizer and I wouldn't regret to spent my money for the better more stable shoot. I tried the rig for almost hour and half. I never experienced fatigued to my arms but rather to my feet :}. next time I try to my XL2 camera and see how it will perform the rig. Thanks Danny!

Chris
Tel-Aviv

Bruce S. Yarock December 28th, 2006 06:58 AM

Michael,
Any chance I could give you a call? I received my Multirig, and am having some doubts about using it with my Canon H1. I may not be setting it up right also.
My email is yarock at aol dot com
954-430-1616
Thanks
Bruce s. yarock

Zsolt Gordos December 30th, 2006 05:22 PM

Hi,

my question might look stupid, anyways I hit it. Multirig users, please let me know whether its possible to pan and tilt the cam mounted on Multirig. The system seems static without no ball head or anything under the cam that makes the thing moving in any direction.
It looks as if only body movements would be allowed as for camera movements.

I am considering to buy a gear like this (with belt and waist support rod), however I worry it limits movements.

Thanks a lot

Danny Natovich December 31st, 2006 05:16 AM

See :
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...8484post598484