DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Shoulder & Handheld Supports (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/shoulder-handheld-supports/)
-   -   A new DV MultiRig review (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/shoulder-handheld-supports/80785-new-dv-multirig-review.html)

Danny Natovich December 1st, 2006 04:39 PM

A new DV MultiRig review

http://www.lafcpug.org/reviews/review_multirig.html

Bruce S. Yarock December 5th, 2006 06:04 PM

Danny,
I wasn't able to buy stbilizer yet, but now I am ready. I shoot with a Canon H1,loaded, weighing as much as 13 lbs 9sometimes lighter). would the dvrig xl be better than the multi rig for my purposes? I also have a Sony FX1. Could I use that also with the dvrig xl (I don't have the budget for 2 systems).
Thanks
Bruce S. yarock
www.yarock.com

Danny Natovich December 5th, 2006 11:35 PM

Hi Bruce,

I suggest, Go with the MultiRigPro.

It will be good for the FX and the H1.

Prices will go up soon, We have to do it due to $ value going down and material cost going up.

Bruce S. Yarock December 6th, 2006 03:59 AM

Danny,
Questions-
1. Does the multi come with a belt? If not, what do you use?
2. I like to keep at least one hand on the camera. It looks like with the multi you have 2 hand s on the rig and have to use a lanc controller?
3.If I were mainly going to use the H1, would the rig xl be better?
4. Is there any place in the sttes who carries both so that I could try them both?
Thanks again for your patience.
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com

Danny Natovich December 6th, 2006 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce S. Yarock
Danny,
Questions-
1. Does the multi come with a belt? If not, what do you use?

>>>>>>>No belt is included, Just a clip holster, Use your own favorite belt or get a nice orthopedic athlets belt from Nike. If you like you can have a DvRigPro belt for additional 25$.

2. I like to keep at least one hand on the camera. It looks like with the multi you have 2 hand s on the rig and have to use a lanc controller?

>>>>>>>You can configure / fold the arms and grips as you like.

3.If I were mainly going to use the H1, would the rig xl be better?

>>>>>>>>No. I have tried it at IBC and the MultiRig felt better.

4. Is there any place in the sttes who carries both so that I could try them both?

>>>>>>>>>Sorry, The MultiRigs are sold direct only.

Thanks again for your patience.

Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com

(;-)).................... Danny Natovich

Bruce S. Yarock December 11th, 2006 03:31 AM

Thanks for the info, Danny. I'm leaning towards the multi rig.One addl question- On the Tiffen steady stick, the piece that attaches to the belt where you slide in the post- That swivels 360 degrees. That's good if you want to take the camera off of the rig, but leave your belt and rod on you.With the steady stick, you let the rod hang down towards the ground (gets jokes from other crew members) like a third leg.Then just swivel it back up to mount the camera. Do the dv rig xl and mutirig pro bothe allow you to do this?
thanks again
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com

Danny Natovich December 11th, 2006 04:10 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the info, Danny. I'm leaning towards the multi rig.One addl question- On the Tiffen steady stick, the piece that attaches to the belt where you slide in the post- That swivels 360 degrees. That's good if you want to take the camera off of the rig, but leave your belt and rod on you.With the steady stick, you let the rod hang down towards the ground (gets jokes from other crew members) like a third leg.Then just swivel it back up to mount the camera. Do the dv rig xl and mutirig pro bothe allow you to do this?
thanks again
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com

Our holsters (small pouches with top opening) have a "D" ring above the opening, you insert the pod to the pouch through that ring.When not in use, you just pull the pod few inches up and let it drop and hang in the ring like a
"knight's sword" .

Bruce S. Yarock December 11th, 2006 07:21 AM

Thanks, Danny.
How long is shipping on the Multirig to Ft. Lauderdale Florida 33026?
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com

Danny Natovich December 11th, 2006 07:31 AM

Quote:

Thanks, Danny.
How long is shipping on the Multirig to Ft. Lauderdale Florida 33026?
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com

Usually 4-5 business days.