DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Shoulder & Handheld Supports (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/shoulder-handheld-supports/)
-   -   Dvmultirig different models (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/shoulder-handheld-supports/81929-dvmultirig-different-models.html)

Rafael Lopes December 17th, 2006 03:14 AM

Dvmultirig different models

Hi,

I visited http://www.dvmultirig.com/store/ and I can there's 3 different models of the multirig (MultiRig Stabilizer, MultiRig Stabilizer Plus, MultiRigPro), but it is not clear to me what comes with each different model. I mean, I can see the pictures but since I have no idea what all those accessories are I can't really tell which rig does what. Can anyone enlighten me here? I've read a lot of good reviews about this product that got me interested, but I'd like to know more. Also, I could not find any footage any where (any one?).

Michael Liebergot December 17th, 2006 09:27 AM

Rafael,
Below you will see what comes with each package.

MultiRig Stabilizer:
1x Dual grip system
1x hot shoe acc. adaptor
1x 3/8 mic adaptor

MultiRig Stabilizer Plus:
1x Dual grip system
1x hot shoe acc. adaptor
1x 3/8 mic adaptor
1x shock absorbing support pod
1x Spring clip holster

MultiRigPro:
1x Triple (3) grip system (with shoulder mode)
1x back bar
1x Camera Plate bracket
1x Acc. plate bracket
1x Acc plate
1x shock absorbing support pod
1x Spring clip holster
1x hot shoe acc. adaptor
1x 3/8 mic adaptor

for additional info, see here:
http://www.dvmultirig.com/id7.html

I shoot event video, which means that I am on the move constantly and need something that enables me to move, get creative moving camera shots, frame and reframe my shots, and stay steady for long periods of time.

I would personally recommend the MultiRig Pro which is what I am using.
You will be able to shoot in any mode you can think of, fatigue free all day long. I own a DVRig Pro, as well as tripods and monopods, but can't tell you the last time I used either my monopod or DVRig Pro since picking up my MultiRig.

Rafael Lopes December 17th, 2006 10:47 AM

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Bruce S. Yarock December 20th, 2006 07:42 AM

Michael,
I'm leaning towards the multirig pro, amd had a few of questions. I shoot with a Canon XLH1 and a Sony FX1, and do events, weddings etc. Most of what I do Is chaotic, pressured, run and gun...you know-little set up time. I've ben using a "steady stick' which isn't bad, but useless if you're moving.Any ways...
1- It looks like the "pro" version come with all of the addl accessories except the right angle camera bracket and some kind of 1/" adaptor. What would those be used for? Since the stuff comes from Israel, I'd like to order anything addl that I'd need.Did you order their belt also?
2- I use a Frezzi light in dark situations, but might also want to go with the Marshall or Varizoom hdv on cam monitor on my H1. If I leave the Frezzi on the camera shoe, would it practical to mount the monitor on the multi rig?
3- I assume that the multirig would work well with either camera, correct?
Thanks again for posting all of that helpfull info. You've helped me in making a decision.
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com

Michael Liebergot December 20th, 2006 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce S. Yarock
Michael,
I'm leaning towards the multirig pro, amd had a few of questions. I shoot with a Canon XLH1 and a Sony FX1, and do events, weddings etc. Most of what I do Is chaotic, pressured, run and gun...you know-little set up time. I've ben using a "steady stick' which isn't bad, but useless if you're moving.Any ways...
1- It looks like the "pro" version come with all of the addl accessories except the right angle camera bracket and some kind of 1/" adaptor. What would those be used for? Since the stuff comes from Israel, I'd like to order anything addl that I'd need.Did you order their belt also?
2- I use a Frezzi light in dark situations, but might also want to go with the Marshall or Varizoom hdv on cam monitor on my H1. If I leave the Frezzi on the camera shoe, would it practical to mount the monitor on the multi rig?
3- I assume that the multirig would work well with either camera, correct?
Thanks again for posting all of that helpfull info. You've helped me in making a decision.
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com

Bruce here are some answers to your questions.

1. The right angle bracket is used for attaching your tripod QR plate to. It attaches to the center arm, which you fold under which is how you mount the entire rig on your tripod. The 1" adaptor is used for lengthening the arm if needed for additional accessories or lengthening the handle for LANC controls.

2. The Multi Rig should work with pretty much any camera from XL1 to FX1 to HC1.

3. You can leave a camera light attached to your setup at all times, as I use a PAG C6 light system which is even larger than your Frezzi.

I am attaching a link to my website showing my MultiRig fully loaded up in different configurations.
These pictures were taken with my VX2100 (which I have two of), but have since added a PD170 to use as my main camera, so my overall scale and setup is smaller than what's pictured. I no longer need the additional Beachtek XLR on the bottom of the camera (use PD170's built in XLR's), and now just mount my shotgun, light and wireless all on my camera, freeing the Multi Rig up for endless configurations.
I no longer need the use of the 1" arm extender. Although in your case you may want to use it for an external monitor if you still find the need for one.

All in all I use my MultiRig for an entire days wedding shoot, from:
1. Bridal Prep (small scale setup with no light or wireless hooked up in FigRig mode)
2. setup shots (scening moving camera shots of church and outside, aas well as cake and such shoits at reception)
3. processional shots (I take shots up the isle then place rig on preset tripod for lockdown shooting. I shoot with two cameras one in back for wide cutaway shots operated by my wife.)
4. Limo shots (inside the car or Limo if possible
5. Reception shots (Bridal party intros in pod supported handheld mode leading into first dance, toasts etc.) I place the rig on a tripod in between shts during dinner and just film head table and guests, and sometimes for dancing, although most of that is all handheld as well.

After 8+ hours of shooting, the only thing hurting on me is my feet!

Anyway here's the link to the pictures:
http://lvproductions.net/equiptmentsetup.htm

Bruce S. Yarock December 20th, 2006 08:49 AM

Michael,
Thanks for the info.Btw, do you use their belt or did you get something else?
Also, I bought a couple of these manfrotto qr set ups so that I could quicly change either of my caneras from tripod to mono pos to steady stick. I assume I could use the one on my steady stick with the multi rig, right?
here's the link
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=FJMh0y459X!667978239!1166625825309?ci=1&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes&O=RootP age.jsp&A=search&Q=*&bhs=t&shs=manfrotto+577&image.x=7&image.y=7

Other than that, It looks like I'm ready to order the rig.
Thanks again
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com

Michael Liebergot December 20th, 2006 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce S. Yarock
Michael,
Thanks for the info.Btw, do you use their belt or did you get something else?
Also, I bought a couple of these manfrotto qr set ups so that I could quicly change either of my caneras from tripod to mono pos to steady stick. I assume I could use the one on my steady stick with the multi rig, right?
here's the link
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=FJMh0y459X!667978239!1166625825309?ci=1&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes&O=RootP age.jsp&A=search&Q=*&bhs=t&shs=manfrotto+577&image.x=7&image.y=7

Other than that, It looks like I'm ready to order the rig.
Thanks again
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com

Bruce you can use any QR plate that you like.

But I will say this, that you will find that you will only need the Multi Rig and a tripod.
The MultiRig screws into the bottom of your camera, so there's no way to quickly release the camera for other applications. But you can mount the entire rig where ever you like, preferably a tripod.

Trust me when I say that you will be using the MultiRig exclusively and maybe your tripod occasionally. And, you will wind up selling your Steadystick and monopod. I sold my monopods and am getting ready to sell my DVRig Pro (also from DVTec), as I haven't used them in almost a years time now.

Chris Li December 20th, 2006 09:34 AM

[QUOTE=Michael Liebergot]The MultiRig screws into the bottom of your camera, so there's no way to quickly release the camera for other applications.

I don't have the MultiRig in front of me ( order has been placed!) , but I would think you could add a QR assembly btw the camera & multi rig if you wanted to seperate in a hurry.
I'm leaning towards Michael's technique of adding QR between tripod & multirig. Just leave the multirig attached to camera at all times. Only question is about level of stabilty with camera/multirig attached to pod.
Does the camera tend to jiggle when multirig is collapsed/attached to pod, is it less stable than just camera mounted to tripod?

chris li/bethesda MD DP

Michael Liebergot December 20th, 2006 09:50 AM

[QUOTE=Chris Li]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Liebergot
The MultiRig screws into the bottom of your camera, so there's no way to quickly release the camera for other applications.

I don't have the MultiRig in front of me ( order has been placed!) , but I would think you could add a QR assembly btw the camera & multi rig if you wanted to seperate in a hurry.
I'm leaning towards Michael's technique of adding QR between tripod & multirig. Just leave the multirig attached to camera at all times. Only question is about level of stabilty with camera/multirig attached to pod.
Does the camera tend to jiggle when multirig is collapsed/attached to pod, is it less stable than just camera mounted to tripod?

chris li/bethesda MD DP

All in all is stays pretty stable with no jiggle at all. the only thing you may want to do is make sure that the QR bracket is tightened down as much as possible.
That seemed to correct any sway that I might have been experiencing.

Danny Natovich December 21st, 2006 02:44 AM

Chris and Bruce,

Your Multirigs are on there way to you.

Bruce, You don't need to pay extra for the tripod bracket, It is included.
and you can use any belt you have with the spring clip holster.

Michael, Thanks for your support and patience with these guys....

Bruce S. Yarock December 21st, 2006 04:35 AM

danny,
I look forward to getting the multirig.
Michael,
Thanks again for the patience and help.
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com

Paul Leung December 21st, 2006 05:19 AM

Hi Danny,

It will be great if there is a quick release between the pod and the bracket. I have used the rig in two weddings and the screw thread shows some wearing already.

I am amazed at how light the rig is.

Danny Natovich December 21st, 2006 08:19 AM

Paul,

Thanks for your comment. Let me know when you will have any stability or safety problems with it and I will take care of it.

Zsolt Gordos December 30th, 2006 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafael Lopes
Hi,

I visited http://www.dvmultirig.com/store/ and I can there's 3 different models of the multirig (MultiRig Stabilizer, MultiRig Stabilizer Plus, MultiRigPro), but it is not clear to me what comes with each different model. I mean, I can see the pictures but since I have no idea what all those accessories are I can't really tell which rig does what. Can anyone enlighten me here? I've read a lot of good reviews about this product that got me interested, but I'd like to know more. Also, I could not find any footage any where (any one?).

Same for me. Looking for a solution now but unfortunately the website is all but user friendly.
Its great that one can find a lot of photos, thats how I get some feel how the thingy works.
However, I think a marketing person would be required to redesign the website in order to guide Rig naive people (these are all the potential customers...) and give clear sight about how these rigs would satisfy their needs, before they navigate to some competitor website.
I can see some signs of versatility, but no idea which model comes with belt support or even with a vest kind of design.
Its not clear whether the cam could pan and tilt mounted on the rig, on the pics it seems a rigid system, that allows only body movements rather than having a ball head like stuff under the camera....

Sigh...anyone here can help and explain all these? (I may add that local support in my country is zero, the distributor has no idea about the product - I will order from the UK once I will get convinced here).

Danny Natovich December 31st, 2006 05:13 AM

Hi Zsolt,

In your country Panaudio have stock and knowledge about the MultiRigs.

However, There are three basic configurations: see http://www.dvmultirig.com/id7.html
MultiRig Stabilizer- Is a dual grip stabilizer similar in performance to the Manfrotto "Fig Rig". It is supplied with 2 acc. holders and can be quick mounted to you tripod with no additional acc. It is foldable to a very small size and can fit in your camera bag with the camera mounted on it.

The Grips and arms can be easily adjusted to any angle for comfort and easy camera balance.

MultiRig Stabilizer Plus - Same as above with the addition of the spring loaded
shock absorbing support pod and a holster for your own belt. The "Flexi Tip" at the top of the pod, allowing free tilt, roll and combined camera moves. The support pod is taking most of the load from your arms and you can really "Fly" with it. It is not a gimble stabilizer !

MultirigPro - same as above with the addition of a third arm, and an acc. plate. This model can be used as any of the above Stabilizers or as a shoulder brace support, with or without the support pod. Again the arms and grips can be moved to any position or folded away when you use manual Focus or Zoom. Special bracket for QR tripod mounting, 3/8 acc holder, Hot Shoe acc holder are included.

For orders, check our dealer in your country or order direct from our web store.

Let me know if you need more info.