DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Shoulder & Handheld Supports (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/shoulder-handheld-supports/)
-   -   Canon HV20 shoulder support (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/shoulder-handheld-supports/91063-canon-hv20-shoulder-support.html)

Daniel Kelleners April 9th, 2007 09:04 AM

Canon HV20 shoulder support

I preorderd two canon HV20's. The only problem for me with this camera is thats to small to hold steady. Does anybody knows if a spiderbrace (www.spiderbrace.com) handles well with this camera? Do you guys mabey have other tips?

Chris Barcellos April 9th, 2007 10:07 AM

Daniel:

You leave things a bit wide open about what application you are considering.

I have been looking a bit at the issue. Yesterday, I bolted a beachtek adapter, and a wide angle adapter on my HV20, which certainly added weight to the camera, and helped stabelize it a bit. As far as hand holding, I at first believed the viewfinder would be worthless, but, that is not the case after my first couple of days of experience. You need to consider that when deciding the shoulder brace application. There are situations when you will want to access the viewfinder, rather than the lcd. I have tried with some success using the a SteadyStick I have.

I also have a self built shoulder mount I will be hooking on to this week to see how it goes.

Daniel Kelleners April 9th, 2007 10:48 AM

Thx for reply.
I want to use the hv20 for weddings and don't want to use a tripod all the time. Actually I want to make a homemade schoulder mount that I can connect to a tripod. So when I want to use the hv20 on shoulder I disconnect the hv20 with shoulder mount from the tripod :)

Of course there are some cases that I want to use the viewfinder. Maybe it’s possible to construct a homemade shoulder mount which is also useful in combination with the viewfinder.

Can you post some pics of your self built shoulder mount? I'm very curious how the canon hv20, or another small/light camera, will perform on schoulder.

Chris Barcellos April 9th, 2007 09:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Kelleners (Post 656736)
Thx for reply.
I want to use the hv20 for weddings and don't want to use a tripod all the time. Actually I want to make a homemade schoulder mount that I can connect to a tripod. So when I want to use the hv20 on shoulder I disconnect the hv20 with shoulder mount from the tripod :)

Of course there are some cases that I want to use the viewfinder. Maybe it’s possible to construct a homemade shoulder mount which is also useful in combination with the viewfinder.

Can you post some pics of your self built shoulder mount? I'm very curious how the canon hv20, or another small/light camera, will perform on schoulder.

Daniel:

This is very simple, but works well for me with my FX1, VX2000, and now it looks like it fits with this. Haven't really used it this way, but it feels pretty light this way, and I can actually look throught the viewfinder.

Gary Moses April 16th, 2007 10:21 AM

Hey Chris, that's pretty cool. I just did the a similar thing to my spiderbrace. It really keeps it from twisting left and right.
Gary