Video Innovators Shoulder Support at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports

Old April 30th, 2003, 04:40 AM   #1
Major Player

Video Innovators Shoulder Support

I do know if this is the right place, (ah it will be moved anyway...) Have any of you tried using the Video Innovators shoulder support. It seems to be a good deal at 44.95 BHphoto. I was wondering if this puppy would work on the VX2K or the PD150?
Old April 30th, 2003, 05:32 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Looks like a nice little unit for $50
Jeff Natalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2003, 09:35 AM   #3
Trustee

This discussion is relevant to the VX2K/PD150 forum IMO

A study of shoulder mounts should be camera specific. What works well for one model may not be comfortable or efficient for the others.

What's really needed is a mini review of all that's available and that's tough to do. B&H probably has more selection in stock than any other supplier yet they don't all that is available. B&H has several units from Video Innovators and they're all below $89. I had asked one of the sales people at B&H about it and he used the word "cheaply made" to describe it. The Mighty Wondercam is $179, I've seen one and for that money i wasn't impressed. The Image 2000 is $295 to $390.

Studio One sell the habby cam and that looks nice, It's also a $150 to $290 unit, but it looks to be a quality rig. Since it's not sold at the same place that sells the other brands comparison is difficult.

Zotz have the Varizoom shooter for $89, many have spoken highly of that model, they also have the pro model for $329. What's the difference as it relates to the PD150/VX2K, I'd really like to know.
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2003, 10:44 AM   #4
Trustee

The thread discussing the shoulder pod as it relates to the PD150 should have been left where it was , in the VX2k/pd150 forum. There is a marked difference between the weight and balance of a PD150 and an XL1S.
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2003, 01:42 PM   #5
Go Cycle

I had one and returned it as well as a few other shoulder type brackets.

I was able to make an L-BRACKET with a foam handle. I have seen them for sale as well-I believe Studio1 has them.
Old April 30th, 2003, 03:03 PM   #6
Warden

Discussions about camera support belong in the Camera Support Forum. One members recommendation as to the suitability of one device or another is subjective at best. It is up to the individual user to determine the appropriateness of different accessories and how they apply to their individual needs and circumstances.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2003, 02:25 AM   #7
Major Player

Jeff what if it is specific to a certain type of camera? Wouldn't it be easier to get the resources of people who own the cam or has knowledge of the camera? I don't know, I'm confused.
Old May 1st, 2003, 05:32 AM   #8
Warden

Hi Garret,

I didn't move the thread, any of about 7 people could have moved it. Thanks for expressing your concern about the proper placement of topics within forums.

The topic concerning Video Innovators shoulder support for PD150/VX2000 is more general in nature. If you go to the manufactures site, no reference is made to the support being specific to that model. In fact the site specifically suggests that it fits many small camcorders. If the product were exclusive to the VX2000 it should be placed there. An example would be a light that fits a specific model camcorder.

The Glidecam V-8 is intended for larger, heavier cameras. It would seem appropriate to then place it in the XL1 forum. Here again, guilt by association. It is not intended solely for the XL1 and therefore is placed in the general support forum.

There are posts in the wrong forum then, move them to conform to the proper order. Wranglers moderate their own forums with little supervision. Ask Mike, nobody tells him how to run his forum. As the Super Moderators or Wardens see the posts, many are moved accordingly. If you have a question regarding a post and it's placement email the wrangler or Chris, Ken, John, Frank, Rob or myself. Any of us can move threads back and forth between forums. The use of email avoids the forum getting cluttered with administrative posts and makes browsing easier.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2003, 11:57 AM   #9
Trustee

If there was a camera specific slant to a thread I imagine that it should be mentioned in the title header. ie "Video Innovators Shoulder support cercerns for the VX2K/PD150."

I defense of the general forum for such accessory equipment, we tend to compartmentise cameras and accesories. We may be missing out on some neat stuff. ie the Canon WD58 lens as used on a PD150/VX2K.

In my opinion, microphones, XLR adapters and optics may be better served by having a dedicated forum. There will always be exceptions to any rule but for the most part the sytem works.
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports