Footage, Narration... but what music? Romanian Castle b-roll at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old August 4th, 2007, 11:18 PM   #1
New Boot

Footage, Narration... but what music? Romanian Castle b-roll

I'm in the middle of a project and I've just completed recording the narration. She sounds great, but my original choices of either Classical or Thievery Corporation-esque background music seem out of place when hearing them paired with her voice.

I've been messing with it for so long now, nothing seems right. I'll start fresh on it tomorrow after a break, but does anyone here have suggestions that come to mind when watching the sample clip below? It's for a small presentation about a village and castle in Romania. They did not want to use traditional Romanian music, but offered no alternate suggestions - as usual!

http://www.unprofound.com/bran_sample.wmv (4MB .wmv)
Jim Kunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 02:28 PM   #2
Major Player

Is this more or less the final edit and script or is it pieces run together? The continuity of the narration is odd because it seems to jump from subject to subject: tourists then queen then architecture then econ. development. It's hard to know how to link these together with one style or piece of music.
Peter Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 06:34 PM   #3
New Boot

This was just a few random pieces run together as I don't have anything done in order yet.

I usually edit by putting the video to existing narration/music, a hard habit for me to break.
Old August 6th, 2007, 08:32 AM   #4
Major Player

I thought so, and I understand what you mean . . . music always gives me some of my best ideaas about the flow/mood of a piece. It's a tough one, and nothing comes to mind a the moment, but I'll think about it.
Peter Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 12:35 PM   #5
Trustee

How is this
http://66.49.133.206/romania.html
Buba Kastorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 01:46 PM   #6
New Boot

It sounds pleasant. What is it? The background postcard graphic had me cracking up!
Old August 6th, 2007, 10:10 PM   #7
Trustee

Enigma, 'The dream of the dolphin'
Buba Kastorski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work