DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Heinz - In Your Face (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/100755-heinz-your-face.html)

Matt Garrett August 7th, 2007 02:51 AM

Heinz - In Your Face

I know you guys are probably sick of seeing these things but,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDlIrFzpTTI&v3

My entry for the top this tv contest.
The compression is pretty bad (even for youtube)

Anyway, Let me know what you guys think.

Mike Horrigan August 7th, 2007 08:50 AM

That was awesome!

Well done.

Mike

Dana Acciavatti August 7th, 2007 09:54 AM

Funny. Definately one of the better ones. I usually get turned off by ketchup looking like blood, but this one was enjoyable and original.

Matt Garrett August 7th, 2007 12:30 PM

Thanks for taking a look guys!
I appreciate the support.

Michael Rapadas August 7th, 2007 08:36 PM

I think i know when I've been beat. But at least this video was the best i've seen in the contest. It out classes all the others with high production values . (good lighting/simple, yet very easily understood angles/nice DOF) beautiful footage. (I could learn a lot from this) I'd like to know the settings on your HVX. (Assuming that you used a HVX) I just read your public profile and you have another post about the HVX+SGpro, so i can assume, right? Anyway, if i hope you get what your production deserves. (WINNER right here folks!)

Matt Garrett August 8th, 2007 09:18 AM

Thanks for the kind words.
This was actually shot with the hvx + m2 + nikons.
My sgpro was out of town.

settings.
detail +2
v detail +2
coring +2
M ped -3
black press gamma
norm matrix
knee low

for inside the car we had two 12" kinos and some paper for bouce, and outside just a bouceboard.

The lenses on the m2 35, 50 and 85mm.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kevin Randolph August 8th, 2007 11:02 AM

Dear lord, that was great! I really hope that you get the recognition that you deserve (i.e. Grand Prize)

Good Luck...

Ben Winter August 8th, 2007 11:17 AM

Nice job guys. I was going to make one with some friends myself but good to see we didn't waste our time :) hope you win...these contests can be really ridiculous in who they choose sometimes.

Michael Rapadas August 8th, 2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Garrett (Post 725413)
Thanks for the kind words.
This was actually shot with the hvx + m2 + nikons.
My sgpro was out of town.

settings.
detail +2
v detail +2
coring +2
M ped -3
black press gamma
norm matrix
knee low

for inside the car we had two 12" kinos and some paper for bouce, and outside just a bouceboard.

The lenses on the m2 35, 50 and 85mm.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

wow, i'd love to work with some kinos one day. (I'm actually saving/fund raising for a production that includes two or three kino flos.) How did you rig it with two 12" kinos? greenscreen work? (I wouldn't know how to pull that off correctly.) Thanks for the settings on the HVX, ill play around with those.
Hey! I'm also using the HVX+M2+Nikon wide angle and 50mm. Hopefully i'll achieve looks like this production of yours in the future. good luck with everything.

Lou Trottier August 8th, 2007 06:52 PM

that was the best one I have seen by a long shot

Matt Garrett August 8th, 2007 09:14 PM

thanks again everyone for checking it out and all the nice words.

The kinos were really small so we taped them to the windshield with some gaff tape. We have a plug in for them to be powered by the cig. lighter. They didn't quite help as much as we thought they would.

I'd say the total cost of this was $300-400
Nobody gets paid either until/unless we win.

Simon Jones August 9th, 2007 05:40 PM

My favorite of all the commercials... I've seen about 30 of these, and out of those I'd say 5 were good, but this one takes the cake.

Nice work.