Lady X: Episode 03 Released! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old June 17th, 2003, 06:10 PM   #16
Major Player

Yeah, I immediately thought of MI2 when I saw the first sequence overlooking the valley. Nice piece, I was a little dissapointed that the case the VR headset came in didn't have a foam inside cut specifically for the headset. It sounds picky, but when you have blanks and such good equipment and production value, you might as well spring a few extra bucks and get some foam for the case :) Otherwise that thing would roll around when X teleports etc. Fun piece though.
Bryan Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2003, 10:47 AM   #17
Wrangler

Bryan,

Lady X had the case with her, the VR headset was brought by trance. She would not have time to cut out foam when she picked it up from her operative!

And in answer to Tony's question of seeing too much of X's face, in the back of the car she is silhouetted, and in the last sequence you don't see her whole face, perhaps you should watch episode 2 and comment on that one as well.
Nori Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2003, 01:10 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Nori is right.

In his episode you can see only a silouette from her face.
The last shot from her is too short, so that you canīt see
any details.

Well, in my episode you see her from a distance
with sunglasses.
You are not able to recognize her.
(Which is really sad, because Pamela is such a beautiful woman.)

Steffen
Steffen Werske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2003, 07:11 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Yeah but anyone downloading that episode, Steffen, can just hit Pause on the Quicktime controller. Yeah, you can't do that during a film festival but you can certainly do it in a very common medium of viewing it.
Old June 19th, 2003, 12:31 AM   #20
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Neil and Nori,

As far as constructive criticism is concerned...the one thing I would've like to have seen would have been shooting the opening shots of the bridge and the shot of Trance standing on the ledge at a different time of day (magic hour) or in different weather conditions (low dark clouds). Kelowna looks absolutely gorgeous...but the "white out" caused by the bright sun detracted from it. How lucky you are to live in such a beautiful place!

That aside, there are certain things that I hope you can give more details on...

1. How did you adjust the color of your episode? I love the overall look. Were filter used...or is that all post?
2. It looks like you used a faster shutter speed in the fight scenes. What speed did you use?
3. Which Skycrane model did you use?
4. How did you do the final zoom out shot? Is that a digital zoom setting? Did you enhance the zoom effect in post?
Old June 19th, 2003, 01:30 PM   #21
Wrangler

I agree with the time of day that we shot could of been better if it was done at sunset, however, we all have day and night jobs, and we were working within those limited hours that we had. Also, the bridge and where we shot the lake, was about a 25min drive apart.

<<1. How did you adjust the color of your episode? I love the overall look. Were filter used...or is that all post?>>
All in post.

<<2. It looks like you used a faster shutter speed in the fight scenes. What speed did you use?>>
I used the fastest shutter speed possible that would still allow
correct exposure. Also, I learned to not use this while it is
raining, the drops gave the shots a speckled look. Fortunately
this did not show up on the internet footage.

<<3. Which Skycrane model did you use?>>
I used the Premier Skyvrane.

<<4. How did you do the final zoom out shot? Is that a digital zoom setting? Did you enhance the zoom effect in post?>>
The zoom was accomplished by me simply zooming out
manually with my 14X lens.

-Nori
Nori Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2003, 06:10 PM   #22
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Thanks, Nori. I'm going to bug you a little more, though. Can you elaborate more on question 1? What did you do in post to change the color, contrast, etc.?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work