Finished my project!!! Take a look! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old November 26th, 2007, 11:25 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Finished my project!!! Take a look!

After 6 months of editing and a week for the artrwork I finished my first DVD. Thanks for all of the help from the forum members with their advice. Here is the artwork of the DVD cover and disk art. + a short Trailer.

The Cover:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...d2007Cover.jpg

The Disk:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...Disk-Cover.jpg

And a short Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLiFw7Ey3WU

Thanks for everyones help!!!!!
Chris Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 12:09 AM   #2
Trustee

Congratulations! Even though I prefer sailboats, your video really conveys the excitement of the jetboats. Those are some mean machines and the in-boat coverage really shows how challenging it is for the crew. For all types of power racing, the point-of-view camera is always the best and I'm sure it was a pain to get a mount that works in such rough service.

Last edited by Marcus Marchesseault; November 30th, 2007 at 11:34 PM.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 11:37 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault View Post
Congratulations! Even though I prefer sailboats, your video really conveys the excitement of the jetboats. Those are some mean machines and the in-boat coverage really shows how challenging it is for the crew. For all types of power racing, the point-of-view camera is always the best and I'm sure it was a pain to get a mount that works in such rough service.
Believe it or not the mounting was pretty easy! We wrapped a towel around the rollbar for the shock, Placed the lipstick onboard camera on the towel a applied a ton of duct tape!! Works great!
Old December 6th, 2007, 12:03 PM   #4
Major Player

I certainly see why it is a video response to 'Are some sports too extreme?' ;)

Awesome stuff! Hope to see more of your work soon. :)

C
Old January 13th, 2008, 07:08 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Middleton View Post
I certainly see why it is a video response to 'Are some sports too extreme?' ;)

Awesome stuff! Hope to see more of your work soon. :)

C
Hey Thanks Carl!! The DVD ended up being 53 minutes runtime. I also added full narration to the DVD for viewers who didn't have an idea of the sport. With a play by play on the standings of their finishes of each race. Started selling them last month with no advertising other than word of mouth through different forums. I have over half of the copies sold in 5 different countries. Pretty Neat!!
Old January 13th, 2008, 07:32 PM   #6
Major Player

Right on! Glad to hear the project turned out so well for you. Such a cool sport. =D
Old January 13th, 2008, 07:44 PM   #7
Major Player

wow!!! congratulations on worldwide distribution! We are up to a few states so far : )

not too fond of the front cover...but the back cover and the dvd-label look great! were you the only person on the project?
John Stakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 04:43 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stakes View Post
wow!!! congratulations on worldwide distribution! We are up to a few states so far : )

not too fond of the front cover...but the back cover and the dvd-label look great! were you the only person on the project?
No I had help with the narration and some of the video. I did do all of the editing, Disk and Cover design. In total though I did most of the filming except for ONE race event! There were some long hours on the banks of the rivers. Even more time behind the monitior! Almost all of the video was shoot with a Sony DCR-DVD92. There were a lot of times I had to adjust the exposure to get the glare out of the lense. The DVD has also made it's way to Texas,South Dokota,Ohio,Oregon,California,and Nevada. A lot of the time it was just being a the right place at the right time capturing the video, plus all of the onboard footage that was included!
Thanks again John hope yours is also a hit. Have you tried posting your film in various forums that are similiar to your film? That's what I did!! I always loved those Warren Miller films and tried to make a DVD with boats similiar to that!!

Thanks Again,
Chris Sackett

Last edited by Chris Sackett; January 14th, 2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 09:23 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Exclamation points!

Looks wild, Chris. Very good shooting, especially your perspective cam from the boat.

One suggestion I would have is I think it's proper to use only one exclamation point! A former coworker of mine used to swear that the "double emphasis" concept is a myth, and not found in any dictionary nor English teaching. I'm not 100% sure he's right, but I'm about 99% sure he is! To me, having more than one looks cheap. If that's the case, I wouldn't want you to diminish your fine video work nor excellent DVD artwork!
Mark Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 06:16 PM   #10
Regular Crew

I can assure you Mark there are none of those in the video. Come to think of it after you mentioned it it does look rather cheesy. That's alright though what is done is done. Almost of of the video was shot entirely by myself. I also edited the entire thing along with the original artwork. The pictures I used were taken out of the footage using a still shot and than ran through photoshop 7. I will share with everyone a 9 minute clip of what the DVD is like. First off let me explain what your going to be watching. During the second leg of the race, Team Raven my in-laws did a barrel roll into the riffles of the Salmon River in Riggins Idaho. After the race concluded on Saturday a group of determined racers were determined to get the boat back. The racers are a pretty close nitch bunch of people. This video takes place during the events of them trying to get the boat back, and how 12 men 2 boats and 1 tow truck did it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2nVosEFe10
Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:39 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Chris, Your video work looks real good!

Best of luck,

Mark
Mark Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 09:30 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Stuart View Post
Chris, Your video work looks real good!

Best of luck,

Mark
Thank You Mark. A lot of effort went into the whole thing. It was pretty hard being the editor and producer, Plus shooting most of the footage.
Chris Sackett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work