Advertisement - NEED HELP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old November 27th, 2007, 08:07 PM   #1
Major Player

Advertisement - NEED HELP

Hello board, been awhile since I've posted work. I am requesting the help of the board. I am apart of an advertising competition. We were required to make a 30 sec spot, but I decided to go wild, like usual, and make a whole campaign (something to use for my portfolio later on) Essentially Ive made my 30 sec spot just a teaser to point viewers to larger website. [ http://aquafreshdate.com ]

Things I've been learning and experimenting with in my non-traditional advertising class.

So here's what I need your help with.

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEszHZ3ww7Q and vote on the video.
Also go to the site [so I can get hits on the video] http://aquafreshdate.com *she's a looker too ;-) *

Thanks.

Last edited by Riley Harmon; November 27th, 2007 at 08:07 PM. Reason: http
Riley Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 03:10 AM   #2
Trustee

I noticed a very obvious shadow of the camera operator on her lower left side. I wasn't looking for anything like that but the operator moved his hand up and over the camera maybe to shield the viewfinder.

Is this part of a larger campaign where they are sending other people on ten Aquafresh dates?

Do you think the fact that she is attractive might make it hard to believe it has been two years?
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 01:18 PM   #3
Major Player

I would just say "ditto" but I have to use ten characters. You took the words out of my mouth.

"Whoa, I now see that's not the shadow of a tree, but the camera guy"

"2 years? Really? REALLY?!"
Alex Sprinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 04:47 PM   #4
Major Player

Umm. well i didn`t care for the black pauses. Also the subject matter wasn`t really anything to care about to be honest. Why did aquafresh pay for her to go on dates? Does she suffer from hallotosis? (spelling) And honestly I didn't find her attractive either. Dating has nothing to do with looks, some of the most beautiful women out there can't get dates because men fear them.
Old January 11th, 2008, 07:16 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Echo the earlier comments about the shadow. I was fine with the cuts to black, just opinion that a shorter cut would have made me "feel" better. I think the time saved from shortening the cuts could have been use as a fade with music at the end, perhaps? Nice looking girl, seems "real".
Bill Spearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 10:29 PM   #6
Major Player

I didn't get the black pauses either.

I think at least one really tight shot of her face would have been nice, impart a little more sense of intimacy. Her performance was good and another angle would have helped. Never hurts to do a nice tight cutaway of the product either; just a real tight shot of her hands, one moving to illustrate a point the other holding the toothpaste.

And yeh, that shadow is pretty hard to ignore. I think I saw her squint too.

Again, I liked her performance though
Victor Kellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 09:28 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I don't really believe that theory of good looking women don't have dates 'cos men assume they are spoken for. Anyway, I know that's not the case with me as I went a long time dateless before I was hitched and I'm good looking!

She ain't too bad, IMHO.
Mark Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 09:31 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I just looked at it again, and you can see the on board camera mic pretty plainly and the camera dude as previously mentioned.

Still don't think she's too bad looking at all!
Mark Stuart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work