MY FIRST VIDEO=D comments? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old December 10th, 2007, 06:27 PM   #1
Major Player

MY FIRST VIDEO=D comments?

So I'm fifteen, im shooting on the A1, and i have about a $20 light kit. I don't know what happened to the beg of it on youtube, tried multiple times uploading, it doesn't look like that on my tower, but w/e. I wasn't to concerned about the story line, just the image quality and stuff. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM NEEDED. Any questions will be answered and appreciated =D thanks everyone! Also ignore my friends bad acting =)hehe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvAJagtoT6w
Old December 10th, 2007, 11:10 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Very nice Loren. I am 14 with an XL2. Really good cinematography just next time have a story. I know this is your practice reel but story is everything. Anyway really good!
Old December 10th, 2007, 11:41 PM   #3
Major Player

A nice to meet another teenage enthusiast =D thankss for the thoughts
Old December 11th, 2007, 01:53 PM   #4
Regular Crew

WOW! I thought everything looked really good! I like the sepia\orange warm tone and the close shots. The last scene where the to guys are on screen and the other fades, looks a little video-y but the close shots looked great!
Justin Mosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 02:19 PM   #5
Major Player

I also think it looks great! It was the lighting that made it. One critique: in the last shot (the wide one with both actors), the lighting seems a tad strange because the lamp in the background seems to be the source of light in the room, but the light hitting the actors is clearly coming from the opposite side from the lamp - from the camera side. The only thing that would have had to be done to fix it would either be 1) remove the lamp or 2) light from the opposite side.
Old December 11th, 2007, 03:06 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Stoltzfus View Post
only thing that would have had to be done to fix it would either be 1) remove the lamp or 2) light from the opposite side.
I wouldn't remove the lamp because its lighting your background and adding depth, it's actually trickier than you think to light that particular scene because presumably there is either a split screen or a garbage matte combining two shots to have the guy on the right fade out, putting your lights on the oposite side would probably show the join. I reckon the best thing to do in that case is to move the lamp to the end of the piano to put more light on the wall where the shadow of the guys arm falls , put a candle or a low wattage lamp on the table and use a little bit more diffusion on your production light

well done though it looks great and i really liked your choice of music, reminded me of the davinci code.

Andy.
Old December 11th, 2007, 05:09 PM   #7
Major Player

You know its funny Justin and Dale,that you said "to guys" and "actors" its actually just one of my friends and i cropped one shot over the other =D Thank you all for the comments and constructive help very much appreciated, keep them coming =D
Old December 16th, 2007, 11:45 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Wow! 14 with an XH-A1? You must have really awesome parents. I didn't get an A1 until graduation.

I don't know if I commented on your post on the A1 forums, but you did a real good job. I liked the harsh shadows and the Beautiful Mind spinoff. lol. But good job dude.
Jerrod Cordell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2007, 08:53 PM   #9
Major Player

You have a great eye and will go far if you stick with this.
Michael Pulcinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 09:09 AM   #10
Tourist

it looks very professional enough said! great job!
Vu V. Hoang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work