My best work on Vimeo! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old March 29th, 2008, 03:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

My best work on Vimeo!

Hi all, Ive just started uploading some of our best work on Vimeo, my brother and I own and run Gorilla films - a production company here in South Africa.

http://www.vimeo.com/gorillafilms/videos

Some feedback would be appreciated.
Nicky Campos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 04:19 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi

To me they seem well edited and shot.

I don't know what chroma key studio is. I thought chroma key was like a blue screen but these look more like a real environment.

It's difficult for me to comment on the creative content as I'm not a huge fan of most Hip Hop music.

However all Hip Hop videos seem to look very much the same to me: low angle shots of a performer mouthing to the words and gesticulating. I wonder if there is another way of doing this?

But what the hell do I know. I'm too old to comment really :-)
Richard Gooderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 06:25 PM   #3
Regular Crew

LOL... "Gesticulating" I like that word.

Only the black&white video is live action, the rest is shot in a chroma key studio - eg. blue or green screen background, then the color is keyed out and generated backgrounds are put in.
Old March 29th, 2008, 07:02 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Very, very good. Camera work is excellent, audio is excellent. And while I realize that budget is often limited, I would have liked to see a bit more in the way a scene changes in the B&W video. The change to the inside of the car was good though.

I loved it.
Perrone Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2008, 03:48 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky Campos View Post
LOL... "Gesticulating" I like that word.

Only the black&white video is live action, the rest is shot in a chroma key studio - eg. blue or green screen background, then the color is keyed out and generated backgrounds are put in.
Were you matching background movement with camera zooms or were you shooting them full screen against the chroma background and controlling all the camera movement in program? It's hard to tell when the video is formatted for the web and I would be interested in knowing because the end result looks really good.
John C. Plunkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2008, 04:35 PM   #6
New Boot

Outstanding work, those chroma key shots with the generated backgrounds are seamless and the perspective is right-on.
Old March 31st, 2008, 05:49 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. Plunkett View Post
Were you matching background movement with camera zooms or were you shooting them full screen against the chroma background and controlling all the camera movement in program? It's hard to tell when the video is formatted for the web and I would be interested in knowing because the end result looks really good.
Ye, everyone shot static seperately then virtual camera moved in post.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 11:44 PM   #8
Major Player

Awesome work on the Entity video especially, very clever compositing and it's also a very very well directed vid in terms of the composition and 'shot choices' (kinda funny to refer to shot choices in compositing, but it's a similar thing.)
And you certainly nailed the depth of field in a lot of the shots, something that I generally find is usually the clearest sign of a poor composite job over a good one.
Craig Parkes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work