Only a Property Video. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 20th, 2008, 12:57 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Only a Property Video.

I know it's not a "Block Buster" but let me know what ya think. Real Estate Agents don't give me much feedback.

http://media.videotours.com.au//8002...ush%20Ave.html

thanks
Steve.
Steve Elgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 01:25 AM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Elgar View Post
I know it's not a "Block Buster" but let me know what ya think. Real Estate Agents don't give me much feedback.

http://media.videotours.com.au//8002...ush%20Ave.html

thanks
Steve.
Pretty impressive - cranes and aerials and all. Next time we want a steadicam flythrough the property starting from across the water and filmed in one take :-)
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 07:24 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McDonald View Post
Pretty impressive - cranes and aerials and all. Next time we want a steadicam flythrough the property starting from across the water and filmed in one take :-)
Hi Colin. Well if the vendor had been a little richer, then I would have used a steadicam and walked over water.
Old April 20th, 2008, 04:03 PM   #4
Major Player

I was really impressed with that!
I can see a lot of work went into that. How long did it take to film it?
Are you happy with the $$ for that kind of production value?
Dennis Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 07:05 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Murphy View Post
I was really impressed with that!
I can see a lot of work went into that. How long did it take to film it?
Are you happy with the $$ for that kind of production value?
G'day Dennis,
I scheduled a 2 -3 day shoot including set up and tear down of the crane ( I had to do most of that myself) and helicopter time. But the shoot took over 2 months to complete due to the property being occupied by holiday renters and lots of bad weather. So I guess i was not happy with $$$ quoted for this project.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 08:52 AM   #6
Major Player

Hi Steve,

I found it very well produced, but I would have opened with an establishing shot instead of the details, these felt out of place (there was nowhere to place them). It was nicely cut in sync with the music though and I liked most of them.

You do the same thing with the harbour shots, first close, then the wide shot. I find it less of an issue there then at the opening. But mayb that's your thing ;-)

The second bedroom shot seems not whitebalanced right. The barrel distortion is obvious on the close quarter shots, but not an issue with viewers I think.

Some of the detail shots (like with the plant watering system) I could do without. Not every detail needs a close up.

Sorry for nitpicking at your work!

George/
George Kroonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 11:13 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I agree with a lot of the things George mentioned.

It was hard for me to associate a physical relationship between the close-up details and the wide shots used later in the video.
John C. Plunkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 02:48 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Elgar View Post
G'day Dennis,
I scheduled a 2 -3 day shoot including set up and tear down of the crane ( I had to do most of that myself) and helicopter time. But the shoot took over 2 months to complete due to the property being occupied by holiday renters and lots of bad weather. So I guess i was not happy with $$$ quoted for this project.
Thanks for the feedback.
Dennis Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 04:47 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Kroonder View Post
Hi Steve,

I found it very well produced, but I would have opened with an establishing shot instead of the details, these felt out of place (there was nowhere to place them). It was nicely cut in sync with the music though and I liked most of them.

You do the same thing with the harbour shots, first close, then the wide shot. I find it less of an issue there then at the opening. But mayb that's your thing ;-)

The second bedroom shot seems not whitebalanced right. The barrel distortion is obvious on the close quarter shots, but not an issue with viewers I think.

Some of the detail shots (like with the plant watering system) I could do without. Not every detail needs a close up.

Sorry for nitpicking at your work!

George/
Thanks George and John,
Yes you are right, If i had been shooting a news item i would have used an establishing shot. The video was done to a PRICE. The first edit was different to what you see here, but the VENDOR wanted changes and things done her way (and she was the one paying the $$). Your comments are noted and thanks for the honest feedback.
Steve Elgar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work