DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Up for VERY limited time- Trailer for my "Eat!" documentary! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/12055-up-very-limited-time-trailer-my-eat-documentary.html)

Glen Elliott July 14th, 2003 03:04 PM

Up for VERY limited time- Trailer for my "Eat!" documentary!

Much thanks goes out to Ed Troxel, once again, for graciously providing the webspace! THANKS!!!!

Attached is the link to the trailer for the documentary I made mention of a while back. We just got it accepted to a screening program called "Fresh Cuts" at the Prince Theater in Philly. It's a screening program where they highlight Philadelphia film-makers. I appologize to all that I told it was a film festival which I subsequently found out that it wasn't quite what it was.

While watching it keep in mind it was done when I was still fairly fresh with Premiere 6.0, so it's a bit rugged. I'm just a little nervous about posting it because it's a lot less refined than some of my newer work.

If none of you have heard what it's about- it's a satyrical comedic documentary that follows a man as he prepares for Philadelphia's famous "Wing Bowl" and all the crazy stuff that goes on in the weeks leading up to it and behind-stage.....

www.jetdv.com/scripts/eattrailer.mpg

Glen Elliott July 14th, 2003 03:54 PM

Yeah the documentary is much more polished- we did the trailer for fun, and to give some of our friends some footage to look at in the meantime while we edited. To give you an idea on how rough this trailer was.....we did it in a single night right after we finished capturing the last of the footage we needed from the 15 hours of footage we shot.
As for the finished product- the actuall documentary took 9 full months in post, and has a full original score written and composed by a musician friend that has a resume including 4 Carnegy Hall appearances.
Alex, once I get the time to encode and author it onto DVD format I'll be sure to let you know. For now I'm tied up with back to back jobs....I'm going out tonight (in a few hours actually) to meet up with two different couples regarding hiring me to film their weddings. *fingers crossed* As busy as I already am I need the business. I need some way to pay off all my gear! Once I'm around 30+ weddings a year I'll be able to move to doing it full time. Glad you like the clip!

Alex Taylor July 14th, 2003 06:54 PM

That looks great! For a quick job the editing isn't bad at all. Definitely piqued my interest! I hope you used "A documentary with an appetite" as your tagline, it's hilarious :)

Barry Goyette July 14th, 2003 08:26 PM

Alex

Really great...looks like the documentary is going to be a lot of fun...and proves that even fat dudes can get the chicks if they have the right attitude.

Only quibble with the trailer is that the hurling shot at the end would be funnier, if you hadn't shown a previous throw-up scene.

Anyway great job, thanks for putting it up for us to see.

Barry

Gints Klimanis July 14th, 2003 09:17 PM

What's the name+artist for the heavy metal tune used in the Eat documentary ? Wow, what a cool event to watch.

Mark Moore July 14th, 2003 09:25 PM

Very nicely done. I thought it looked good. Good luck at the Festival!

Glen Elliott July 14th, 2003 09:36 PM

Thanks everyone- glad you enjoyed it. It was fun to edit, though the documentary it'self (despite the finished running time was a bit shy of an hour) was a beast to edit. By the end I started to dread working on it- never, have I worked on an edit that took over 6 months. That includes all the hassle working with the musician to finally get our score finished. Musicians are the hardest people to get ahold of!!!

Gints, I don't know the name of it off-hand, though it's on the tip of my tongue (which doesn't help). The soft music in the beginning came from the PC game Medal of Honor. The actual documentary doesn't have any licenced music as the whole score was written just for this project. I'll try and post some audio clips (mp3s) from the score...it's really quite impressive- my friend did an excellent job...almost too good. Too serious and epic sounding for such a goofy doc, though that's part of what makes it funny. ;)

Matt Stahley July 15th, 2003 12:58 AM

Glen can't wait to see the doc!Looks great!

Glen Elliott July 15th, 2003 04:51 AM

Matt, you comming? Wednesday August 6th, 8:00pm @ The Prince Theatre in Philadelphia.

Glen Elliott July 15th, 2003 07:45 AM

Gints, the song is from a band named "Scrape"- forget the track though.

Matt Stahley July 15th, 2003 12:18 PM

Errr... Glen sorry can't make Aug. 6th will be in New England. Hopefully you will release a dvd?

Kevin Burnfield July 15th, 2003 04:10 PM

it looks like you took it down already.

Give us the details on the showing in Philly, I might be able to make it.

Glen Elliott July 16th, 2003 05:14 AM

Prince Theatre in Philly (not sure of the exact address) however I can link you to the site if need be. It'll be on Wednesday August 6th @ 8:00PM. Any more info- let me know. Hope to see you there!