Our new film "At Confession" - please take a look. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old July 29th, 2003, 06:51 AM   #16
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Mark Moore : That's pretty interesting about the booth. It reminds me of my only short (not nearly as good as yours!). It was set during The Depression and had two boys sneaking into a funeral home to touch a dead body. I had to build a coffin from scratch for the scene. Four sides of plywood with an oak veneer tacked to the front, stained very dark. No bottom and no body either! It sat on a table so you couldn't tell.

I'm interested in seeing this short too. Sounds like a good concept. Sounds like you put a lot of hard work into building the coffin. 2 months! Sounds like our story building the confession booth.
Steve Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2003, 12:54 PM   #17
Regular Crew

first off i should say that i loved the short...nice little twist at the end. i have a few questions:

one. how were you able to film in the church? did you have to rent it? let them see the script? if so how did they let you bring i gun in there or let you film a story about merder in there?

two. how were you able to get the preistly uniform i guess you could say? did you buy it?
Alfred Tomaszewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2003, 07:18 PM   #18
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Steve Franco : I'm interested in seeing this short too. Sounds like a good concept. Sounds like you put a lot of hard work into building the coffin. 2 months! Sounds like our story building the confession booth. -->>>

It was actually based on a short play I had written. I thought it had potential, but as a first short film, I successfully screwed it up! I should clarify something - It sat on my Mother's back porch for two months - I was building it "part time" after hours! It looked kind of cheesy in life, but it showed up pretty well in the short!

I used one of those cheapo OFFICE DEPOT-folding tables and taped this black plastic skirting around it that I bought for $1.99 from a Party Supply Store. Then I placed the coffin right up against the edge of the skirting show you couldn't see the table top. In the video, the skirting looked a little like satin!

There are a couple of stills on this page (site in progress!):

http://www.scooterproductions.com/html/stills.html

(Sigh). The things you can get away with in video/film!
Old July 30th, 2003, 08:44 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Super job Brad,

All the ingredients seemed to mix very well to produce a very entertaining short movie. It conveyed his despair and emptiness nicely. Great twist.
Old July 30th, 2003, 10:27 AM   #20
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Mark Moore : <<<-- Originally posted by Steve Franco : I'm interested in seeing this short too. Sounds like a good concept. Sounds like you put a lot of hard work into building the coffin. 2 months! Sounds like our story building the confession booth. -->>>

It was actually based on a short play I had written. I thought it had potential, but as a first short film, I successfully screwed it up! I should clarify something - It sat on my Mother's back porch for two months - I was building it "part time" after hours! It looked kind of cheesy in life, but it showed up pretty well in the short!

I used one of those cheapo OFFICE DEPOT-folding tables and taped this black plastic skirting around it that I bought for $1.99 from a Party Supply Store. Then I placed the coffin right up against the edge of the skirting show you couldn't see the table top. In the video, the skirting looked a little like satin!

There are a couple of stills on this page (site in progress!):

http://www.scooterproductions.com/html/stills.html

(Sigh). The things you can get away with in video/film! -->>>

I saw the stills. Looks very interesting. Keep us updated on the site. :)
Old July 30th, 2003, 11:24 AM   #21
Regular Crew

I enjoyed your film and liked it very much. It was very well done in my opinion.
Ivan Hedley Enger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2003, 02:29 PM   #22
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Alfred Tomaszewski :

one. how were you able to film in the church? did you have to rent it? let them see the script? if so how did they let you bring i gun in there or let you film a story about merder in there?

two. how were you able to get the preistly uniform i guess you could say? did you buy it? -->>>

We got permission to film in the church and we bought the shirt from a catholic supply company online. the purple around his neck was made from scratch.
Old August 1st, 2003, 08:33 AM   #23
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Mark Moore :

2. At first glance, some of the opening scenes were cut a little too quick for my taste!

. -->>>

Yes, in retrospect I do think the opening scenes were cut a bit too quickly. But when we were editing we just felt we needed to get the viewer to the story and not let the movie drag with too long of an intro.
Old August 1st, 2003, 03:20 PM   #24
Major Player

That's probably a good idea. Besides, what do I know! ;)

I have all of the opinions and none of the technical expertise to back them up!!! Do you guys have a second short in the works?
Old August 4th, 2003, 10:26 AM   #25
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Mark Moore :

Do you guys have a second short in the works? -->>>

Right now we're debating between another short or a spec ad.
Old August 21st, 2003, 02:54 PM   #26
Regular Crew

At Confession on Triggerstreet

Our movie is now on triggerstreet.com If you are a member over there please take a look and review it. Thanks a lot. :)
Old October 21st, 2003, 07:57 AM   #27
Regular Crew

Just put up "Lips 2 Lips" and "At Confession" on Zomp Film at

http://film.zomp.nl/
Old January 3rd, 2004, 07:46 PM   #28
Regular Crew

I think this was fantastic. At first i was amazed thinkin you had an xm2, but now realise it is it's bigger brother camera! I learnt by watching it just how important the lighting was. Heres me thinking i could do without it, but here it made the whole thing look proffesional, and real. Again all i would comment on was the lack of tripod in church, and the bed, and yea, the ring could have been made a little clearer. But mainly the first two. Looks like the makings of a good film, and certainly worthy ot the next cinema hit!
Old January 3rd, 2004, 09:36 PM   #29
Regular Crew

Lips 2 Lips

Steve, enjoyed At The Confession. Enjoyed Lips 2 Lips even more. Nice job on both productions.
Old September 17th, 2004, 08:44 AM   #30
Regular Crew

Good stuff man. I really liked the quality of the streaming clips they looked very good in quicktime. what setting did you use to encode them. Also the lighting was really good. keep up the good work.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work