DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Lady X back in Deutschland! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/12618-lady-x-back-deutschland.html)

John Locke July 30th, 2003 09:49 AM

Lady X back in Deutschland!

Episode 09:

Lady X returns to Hamburg!

This time she's there to retrieve a mysterious reliquary...and putting local operatives in harms way in the process.

Watch it now! Go to http://www.ladyxfilms.com and click the "Current Episode" link.

The Lady X Crew

Directed by: Suntje Freier
Produced by: Suntje Freier
Director of Photography: Steffen Werske
Camera Assistance: Suntje Freier
Written by: Melanie Suntje Freier

Audio Assistant: Mariano Skroce
Still photos: Steffen Werske

Principal Cast: Pamela Wallentowitz (Lady X); Suntje Freier (Katharina); Till Kraemer (Agent Nick); Sophie Ettensberg (Agent Doro); Andreas Golla-Fedrowitz (Weber); Steffen Werske (Tourist); Agent Liz (Heike Werntgen)

Music: Composed and performed by Oliver Kölling

K. Forman July 30th, 2003 10:14 AM

Hmmm... Where to start first? The story was ok, a little confusing, but not bad. The lighting, shooting, etc, were also good. The subtitles weren't that good. There were spelling errors, which could be overlooked, but a lot of them went by too quick to read. Slow them down a bit, and maybe put a drop shadow on them to stand out against light backgrounds.

Oh... and the link on the Lady X site is broken.

John Heskett July 30th, 2003 02:36 PM

Nice episode. I like it when there is a story to follow. Sounds like an odd statement, but I think you know what I mean. Not much to pick at on this one.

Rob Lohman July 30th, 2003 02:57 PM

Keith: keep in mind that we as Executive Producers do not add
the subtitles, therefor we cannot change them. If you want to
send a message to the producer directly, please use the feedback
button. Thank you.

We are aware of the broken direct view, we are working to fix
this. The download should work.

Thanks for the responses!

K. Forman July 30th, 2003 03:34 PM

Feedback is feedback. I was just making observations and comments. I was not holding you, or anyone else "responsible" for the subtitles, just making a suggestion to the person who made the segment. I am sure they will be here sooner or later to see the feedback. If not, then oh well. It ain't nothing Earth shatteringly important.

Rob Lohman July 30th, 2003 03:44 PM

Okay, we are on the same "wavelenght" then. I didn't took it
in that way. I was merely explaining how the "process" works.
Again, thank you for your comments!

John Locke July 30th, 2003 07:04 PM

Some people are complaining of a broken link? Can someone explain this better to me? It's not happening on my Mac...everything works fine...so I need to know what's up before I can hunt down the problem. A screenshot sent to my e-mail address would be helpful.

Thanks!

Josh Frye July 31st, 2003 01:09 AM

Im not trying to nitpick here, but you have misspelled Germany (in Deutsch). The correct way to spell it is : Deutschland. Good video though, keep up the good work.

Ken Tanaka July 31st, 2003 01:29 AM

Not a "nit" at all; pick away. Thanks very much for the correction (and your kind comments), Josh. Thread title fixed.

John Locke July 31st, 2003 03:50 AM

Hopefully the broken icon problem is solved for all now. This was caused by a recent upgrade of Quicktime Pro. All is well now.

(Although I'm a bit miffed at the fact that I can't update my FCP to 4.0 until after December...we found out that our end credit title plug-in doesn't work with version 4.0. Arrgh...updates! Compatibility! Incompatibility! Headaches!)

Till Kraemer August 3rd, 2003 06:35 AM

I like the episode, especially the performance of Steffen Werske as tourist at the end! :)

John Locke August 3rd, 2003 07:00 AM

Nice cameo, Steffen!

Tony Teulan August 6th, 2003 08:31 PM

Let's get some more replies here guys!

I really liked that episode. I didn't really find the skate park location all that interesting but I guess it is always hard to find somewhere that won't have people wandering through it when you're trying to film. Found that guy's shaking somewhat unrealistic but the directorial cameo more than made up for it. ;) Heh.

I wonder if the next Hamburg episode is going to connect to the first two German ones. I'm guessing that will probably be the case.

Oliver Kölling August 7th, 2003 07:27 AM

Hello Tony

The next episode in Hamburg will be totally different.

No connections to the first 2 episodes.

Oliver

John Heskett August 7th, 2003 07:35 AM

I'm a little biased, maybe because I have one of the upcoming episodes.
. . . but I can't wait for each episode to come out.

I Like to see what the different countries are doing in terms of each episode. No they are not big budget films.
For no budget, from everyday people with (for the most part) non-actors, these are GOOD short movies!

John