broken hearts club trailer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old August 12th, 2008, 09:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

broken hearts club trailer

Hey guys this a the first cut of a trailer i made for the movie The broken hearts club. It is still a work in progress pending on the directors directions.

Just wanted to get some kind of feed back.

The movie was shot with a panasonic hpx 2000, or 3000. The editing was done on an Avid, I used vegas 6 for cleaning up the audio and doing some eq work. The final mixing would probably be sent to a professional mixer. No color correction was done to the picture.

The music are also temp tracks: m83 and sigur ros. The Url is below.

Enjoy people!!

http://vimeo.com/1508123

Last edited by Tunde Anjorin; August 13th, 2008 at 02:34 AM.
Tunde Anjorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2008, 01:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

36 views and not a single comment hmmmm.... I guess no comment is a good comment?
Old August 13th, 2008, 02:19 PM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunde Anjorin View Post
36 views and not a single comment hmmmm.... I guess no comment is a good comment?
Given that the audio isn't the final mix, fine - made me interested in seeing the film.
Will that do? :-)
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2008, 02:48 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Just curious to see what folks are thinking. Does it work, does it not work that kind of thing.....
Old August 13th, 2008, 03:53 PM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunde Anjorin View Post
Just curious to see what folks are thinking. Does it work, does it not work that kind of thing.....
Some trailers make me think "I want to see that film."
Some trailers make me think "I don't want to see that film. Ever."
Some trailers make me think "I've already seen that film, thanks to the trailer. I won't bother going now."

Yours is in the first category. And since it's such a universal theme, that's how it should be.
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:08 PM   #6
Regular Crew

cheers bro!!!! This is the first indy film I've done; I'm about to start my own movie trailer company geared towards indies. Trailers are a funny business, it's funny how sometimes u watch a trailer and you've pretty much seen the movie it self.

It's a thin line cutting trailers. Thats why there are very few companies that do it, and only a handful that do it very well!
Old August 16th, 2008, 02:55 AM   #7
Major Player

A really nice looking trailer, my favourite shot is of the 'doctor' as the camera dollies round and he says 'tell me what your thinking'. As for the trailer representing your film, i feel i was left not knowing what the point of the film is other than people having a difficult time with love, as in i cant identify a story within the trailer, I'm not sure what this film is about other than people being counselled. I would have liked to have seen more visuals to match the titles you used such as 'battlefield' and 'dysfunctional', for example when one of those people were calmly talking to the doctor about their love issues you could cut to a time where the same person is acting 'crazy' or 'dysfunctional' to give a sence of shock and excitement to the audience. Thats just my opinion though but on a whole i liked what i saw, i loved the quality of the piece.
Daniel Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2008, 04:52 AM   #8
Regular Crew

cheers Daniel.....That issue has been addressed, the title cards will definitely change in the next cut.
Tunde Anjorin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work