DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   30 second advert for T-Shirts (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/133639-30-second-advert-t-shirts.html)

Dennis Murphy September 19th, 2008 06:31 PM

30 second advert for T-Shirts

This is my first go at a 30 second spot. Damn they're fun to do!
Canon XHA1, Letus Extreme and Sony Vegas.

Jake Heta is a local recording artist that wants to supplement his music with a T-Shirt line. It's targeted at the more hard-core elements of the Northland, New Zealand Hip Hop sub-culture.

Authentik Naughty Streetwear

Dennis Murphy September 22nd, 2008 12:43 PM

65 views and no comments?
Was it something I said? *goes back to dog box*

Daniel Pace September 23rd, 2008 06:06 PM

Dennis, I really liked it. I like the cuts, shots and mood. The girl is very sexy, love what you did in the room, except for the walk in the hallway. That shot shows too much of her just wearing a t-shirt in a non intersting setting. Takes away from style you stablished elsewhere. Otherwise I like it.

Dennis Murphy September 24th, 2008 03:00 AM

Thanks for the feedback Daniel.
Yeah, I can't say I'm happy with the hallway. It was a good experience in that I found out how difficult it is to light a long, skinny room.
I will avoid that situation again... but this was done on the cheap, so I had to use my house.

Reggie Moser September 24th, 2008 07:31 AM

Dennis you have captured some really cool, clean and professional looking images, but i also have to agree with Daniel when he mentions the hallway shot. You stated these t-shirts will be marketed towards the hip-hop subculture, right? I don't have any idea what the hip-hop scene is in New Zealand, but the whole house scene I'd probably reconsider....Although the girl is pretty, the environment doesn't seem to fit the overall theme of your target audience, but then again I did say "I don't have any idea what the hip-hop scene is in New Zealand". It is my belief that consideration should be given to your marketing campaign for your intended target audience......plain and simple....keep it hood....keep it street, but with a touch of classiness with much more diverse urban appeal. Put that same chic in a club scene with a couple of her hot friends with the T-shirt and nice fitting jeans on behaiving naughty...or put her in the parking lot leaning into a car talking to a baller revealing her t-shirt as she lifts her head up(of course slo mo for that dramatic effect)...I like the second part with the barbed wired, the guy standing behind the fence and the gym stuff......thats great! Its all about imagery. Hope this helps...............

Joe Saba September 24th, 2008 09:04 AM

This looked great to me! Really nice job. Great looking model & liked the ringlight in the eyes. Have to agree with the hallway shot, but didn't bug me too much. Very cool & fun to watch.

Dennis Murphy September 24th, 2008 02:32 PM

Good call Reggie.
I was too involved in just getting the shots etc. In future if I get other jobs, I really need to chill out and step back from it all and critique the concepts better.

John Stakes September 25th, 2008 05:48 PM

looks like you guys covered all the planes...i will just add that I love when commercials can communicate a message without dialogue. So good job on that. Really like the barbed wire, etc...

Thanks for sharing.

-JS

Sergey Stefanovich September 26th, 2008 05:09 AM

Well done, nice colours too.