Lady X: Episode 16 first impressions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old August 25th, 2003, 03:30 AM   #1
Major Player

Lady X: Episode 16 first impressions

This weekend we did a lot of shooting for our contribution to the Lady X project, screening 23 September (episode 16).

I've posted a couple screenshots and set-pictures at the website for a first impression:

http://www.orphic.nl/odm
(check the News section for the link to the pictures).

(Note: I thought I added this message to this public forum earlier today, but I can't find it any more. I hope I'm allowed doing this 2nd attempt.)
Peter Sieben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2003, 11:30 AM   #2
Major Player

Peter - I honestly can't wait to see your Lady X contribution. The series has been faltering lately (with the exception of episode 12) and I'm sure yours will be a breath of fresh air and creativity... As for the stills, the ones that stuck out in my mind as the most visually pleasing and interesting were the following:

The first screen shot of the red buildings. It's an interesting framing job and the few leaves of the bush obstructing the view a little really added to the depth of the shot. I love it.

The second screen shot. You gotta love tracking shots, especially when they're framed up that well and you have convenient bushes next to the path to add a sense of motion, very nice.

Finally, the next to last frame grab was nice. You have those same type bushes obstructing some of the frame again and the protagonist (guessing) is barely on the frame, which really adds to the interest.

It looks good so far: I really hope you put as much time into the sound on this one as you did in Zzzap, as sound can really add a finishing touch to an already great looking short as you know. The past Lady X's have seemed to spend less time on sound etc. which in my mind has detracted from the overall mood.

Best of luck! Cheers!
Bryan Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2003, 11:56 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your kind reaction.

I hope to be able meeting all expectations ;-)

We do have a different approach in the way we bring our Lady X story, I can't say anything about it, as we want to keep a little surprise until the premiere.

The sound will also be different from the other movies so far. The way we do sound is a result of how we tell the story and also of our limited technical possibilities with microphones at the set (just like ZZZAP). I will compose the (electronic) music myself.

Filming will be finished September 6th. Editing a couple of days later. The rest of the time will be used for sound-production and -mixing.

A lot of secrets. There are only two things I want to reveal at this moment:
- we do not use guns;
- we think there is a nice chase in the movie.
Peter Sieben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2003, 12:16 PM   #4
Major Player

LX EPISODE 16 TEASER TRAILER ONLINE

Yesterday we finished shooting for our Lady X movie. Editing and audio post production has started. For all you people out there that can’t wait until the premiere on September 23th... here is the teaser trailer:

http://home.tiscali.nl/pesie/video/lx16teaser.mov

Greetings,
Peter Sieben
Old September 7th, 2003, 01:22 PM   #5
Major Player

Damn, I can't wait, it looks beautiful. I assume you shot a different camera than Zzzap eh? I bet this will be the best lady x yet.... I really believe that. Best of luck, cheers.

-Bryan...
Bryan Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2003, 04:15 PM   #6
Major Player

Same camera

It was the same camcorder as with ZZZAP: a Sony TRV30 (1 ccd, PAL). Manual exposure and the "slow shutter" mode (the only built-in digital effect I ever use) help to get a bit of film-look.

Peter

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work