Just got a few calls from the Tom Green show - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old August 26th, 2003, 08:16 PM   #16
High School Student

Eh, oh well. The clip on there tonight better be better then mine, or i'm going nuts. :D
Alex Knappenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2003, 08:24 PM   #17
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

<<<-- Originally posted by John Heskett : Bummer

I thought the clip was you best work to date. Keep at it. -->>>

Where is the clip, Alex? Can you post a link?
Old August 26th, 2003, 08:26 PM   #18
High School Student

Heh....

ftp://24.209.61.85/Tom_Green_Contest_Video.wmv
Old August 26th, 2003, 08:31 PM   #19
Regular Crew

I'm inclined to say thats a tough break, but when you think about it, it is still one heck of an accomplishment! You should be proud that a popular comedian along with a crew of people who specialize in the field of comedy/entertainment found your video so hilarious (as they themselves said), so don't sell yourself short! I'm guessing that maybe one reason it may have been cut is because of length, the video was great as a whole and it really wouldn't be as funny if it was just cut up in short clips. From watching the show, it appears to me like they just pick apart short sections of videos for their stupid physical type humor and don't really show any longer clips with clever verbal humor as you had shown. But you still stood out from all the rest, and that in itself entitles you to some bragging rights....so keep up the good work!
Robbie Smolinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2003, 08:42 PM   #20
High School Student

Yeah, I agree Robbie. I bet it was one of their editors or something who said it wouldnt work, because you really couldnt pull any clips from it that would be self contained enough to air, so I can put myself in the shoes of a editor there, trying to figure out what to do...
Old August 27th, 2003, 03:53 AM   #21
New Boot

Congrats anyway on all the interest. Wish I'd had that kind of opportunity when I was in high school...it's way cool...maybe next time you can use a rectal cam in slow-mo on the cat.
Hal Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2003, 06:29 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Alex...

You might not have made it to the show this time, but you made the initial cut and that's a lot further than a lot of others have gone.

Darn good for a 15-year-old, I'd say! Heck it's darned good, period!

Keep going. Don't feel discouraged at all. I can't think of them right off hand but there have been some great works that saw a lot of rejection slips along the way.

Congratulations!
Dean Sensui
Base Two Productions
Dean Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2003, 10:29 PM   #23
Trustee

Alex,

don't get dicouraged, I submitted tons of photos to snowboard magazines before any got published, a number of times I got "this is a great shot, we'll use it" then at the last minute it would get bumped for some name photog's shot. Hell, I nearly scored a cover only to have it bumped completely from the mag.

It takes time and persistance. Your are competing in a very competitive market, especially for Tom Green/Jackass style footage. It was easy when It was new, I remember spending some time with the guys who did the Whiskey series of vids back in 98 and they were saying even their stuff gets lots in the crowd now, and that was 6 years ago.

Stick at it, keep it fresh, and you'll get there.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2003, 06:40 AM   #24
Regular Crew

limk doesn't work -- anyone care to re-host it? :) i wanna see this :D
Bryan Gateb is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work