RED music video for new Geffen/UMG artist at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old December 20th, 2008, 03:21 PM   #1
Wrangler

RED music video for new Geffen/UMG artist

The other week I shot a video for the winner of the Fuse series "Redemption Song" (the prize was a record deal with Geffen/UMG). We shot on the Santa Monica pier and on a green screen stage; the green screen was all RED and we used a mix of RED and HVX200 footage for the exteriors which were treated sepia in post, handily hiding the differences between the cameras. I was honored to shoot for the well-known music video director Meiert Avis ("Where the Streets Have No Name"). His co-director Chris Ledoux was responsible for the great post effects and compositing which he pulled off in an absurd deadline (they delivered a week after the shoot). And my longtime collaborator Jeremy Alter (theperfectsleep.com) produced.

I used the 18-50 RED zoom for Steadicam and the 18-85 for the studio work. Had a couple of long primes but we never needed them.

FUSE is showing a half-hour "making of the video" on this which airs tomorrow at 11 pm and on Monday at 9 pm. There's not too many glimpses of the RED at work (I myself am glimpsed only fleetingly, probably for the best)! but once again I had a great experience with the camera and the client was happy.

Mixi/vide...st---205783527 - Yahoo! Music Search Results

or...I have a higher-res version on my site:

mixi
Old December 20th, 2008, 06:49 PM   #2
Regular Crew

This video is simply amazing. You should be very proud of your work. I watched it 3 times already.
Daniel Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 02:29 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I love how this video uses the old-sepia-footage-effect without being cliche!
Ivo van Aart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2009, 11:57 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Wow great video...this is prefectly timed for me, as I have been wanting to ask a pro whether or not (and how well they find) HVX200 footage mixes with RED. Id love to hear your thoughts on how noticable the differences between the footage were BEFORE sepia tratement?

cheers :)
Josef Heks is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work