"Riina" - short film for 48HFP contest in Finland - official selection at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old December 30th, 2008, 01:40 PM   #1
New Boot

"Riina" - short film for 48HFP contest in Finland - official selection

Hi all!

This is my first post on this forum; and I'd like to share here our short film "Riina", created last fall to 48 Hour Film Project's Finland's contest (Uneton48). Our film got selected among 19 best, out of 70 films by being chosen to a Uneton48's official collection-DVD.

Riina tells about a girl who composes music, and about her politician-mother, whose values in life don't meet up Riina's values. A surprising encounter gets Riina to make choices in her life.

The movie is watchable in YouTube with english subtitles:
YouTube - Riina (48 Hour Film Project / Uneton48 2008, Finland, official selection) (choose "watch in high quality"). If the subtitles aren't on, you can activate them by clicking the arrow button on the lower right corner of the video, and then clicking "CC" button.

Genre was drawn out of the hat for all teams, and we got Film de Femme.
Compulsory elements for all contest's movies were:
Character: Taisto / Inkeri Suomalainen, politician
Prop: scales
Line of Dialogue: "Don't fall asleep"

The movie was shot in HDV with Canon XHA1 and Recrock M2+microX 35 mm adapter and Canon FD lenses. As lighting we used 2 x 650 W and 1 x 300 W HMI:s and a couple of 300 W halogens. All went luckily well, but the timetable was awful... every minute really counted in that weekend (and I slept hardly at all for 3 days...), but the experience was great :)

All feedback, critics and comments are most welcome, please tell me what you think!
Greetings,
Sakari Mäkelä, Finland
Sakari Makela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 02:11 PM   #2
Trustee

I liked it. It had a special kind of charm despite Riina's frustration with a lack of real interest in her goals by her mom.

Nice visuals and the music fit.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 08:43 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks! Nice to hear you liked it :)
Sakari Makela is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work