DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   FIRST Music Video! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/140879-first-music-video.html)

Josef Heks January 5th, 2009 12:07 AM

FIRST Music Video!

Hey hey, here is a link to our first ever music video. I made it with 3 friends, using equipment from our unis. Shot on HVX200 w/ wide angle adapter. It was such a great experience to make and we hope to do many more. Hope you like it, feedback appreciated :)

Band: Jumbledat
Song: Momentus

Momentus Film Clip

cheers,

-josef

Alison Parker January 5th, 2009 12:24 AM

my jaw is on the floor knowing that was your first music video.

that was fantastic.

Ali Jafri January 5th, 2009 04:27 AM

Truly Momentous!

That was really inspiring! Not only was the video truly amazing but the song itself is very nice! I want to hear more of you guys! The song style really added a fresh blend to the visuals, something that one usually wouldn't anticipate. Had me smiling all the way through :)

Lighting was really well done and the colour grading was spot on. Really brought out the feel of the video.

Are you sure this is totally an amateur effort? It looks a lot more than what three friends may whip up using only campus equipment. Unless you're in film school or something. Don't get me wrong, its all meant as a compliment!

Great video - amazing song! I'm already a fan!

Cheers!

Jay Kavi January 6th, 2009 02:16 AM

Josef, hats off! How 'bout some details on the production? camera? post? budget?

Please don't tell me that was done on no budget, I'd have to go back to the drawing board with all my stuff :D

Josef Heks January 7th, 2009 07:05 PM

Thx guys! Yeh dead set that was our first music video. 3 of us do film studies at uni and the other does motion graphics, but it was our first proper production together. Check out the myspace if you like the song :)
MySpace.com - Jumbledat - Sydney/ Blue mountains, AU - Hip Hop / Jazz / Funk - www.myspace.com/jumbledat

And yes i hate to say it, but the budget was only about $500. We borrowed all the equipment from uni, most of the set already existed, and the costumes came from a school drama department. All the extras were friends.

Was great fun, I look forward to making many more :) If u have any specific questions about it, please ask away.

Richard Killey January 7th, 2009 07:27 PM

WOW! I am not a fan of the music style, but that was a great video. Well done.

Nicholas de Kock January 9th, 2009 08:17 PM

I second that! Amazing video, love the angles, style, lighting, editing. Commercial grade production.

Matt Williams January 14th, 2009 06:22 PM

All I can say is WOW! Nice work!

Ryan Kincaid January 15th, 2009 11:09 AM

Only $500? Very nice.

Kyle Ross January 15th, 2009 02:48 PM

The colour was all really good! The start was amazingly well done. Great job!

Lukas Siewior January 16th, 2009 11:00 PM

I love it!!! Great video - cool music.

John Stakes March 12th, 2009 03:42 PM

Looks pretty good (wow this is an old thread lol). Great location. I have shot 3 music videos and I'm tempted to say this looks better than all of mine. Good Job!

Thanks for sharing.

JS

Matt Williams March 16th, 2009 07:53 AM

They all said it already but nice work. You have a great eye.