Mr. Russia Music Video- feedback at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old February 20th, 2009, 12:50 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Mr. Russia Music Video- feedback

Mr. Russia-Skipping Hearts Music Video on Vimeo

I shot this recently for a Chicago band called Mr. Russia. They had a very small budget, so I co-ordinated it with the lighting designer from Double Door and we used all available lighting.

The questions I have are these:

a. what do you think given the budgetary constraints?

b. what should I be charging for something like this? I've read some posts on this forum, but they seem unrealistic when these bands are struggling to get by. Is there a happy medium?
William Holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 11:19 PM   #2
Major Player

1. Good video given that it was shot with one camera I'm guessing over multiple takes. I've seen three camera shoots that aren't as good as this one was. Other than the lead singer shooting the bird around 1:46, I think it was great.

2. What you charge is up to you. Given the state of the economy right now, it's hard to say what is too high or too low. You don't want to overcharge, but you don't want to undercut yourself either. Basing your pricing on what's here on the forums probably isn't a good idea though, as everyone lives in different areas and prices can vary a lot. Best bet is to see what other production companies in your area charge then try to keep it within that range.
Bryan Gilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 10:21 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you!

Bryan,

Yeah, "the bird" was a toss up with the record label. We debated including that one for a while.

Thanks for the feedback. Next week is my first full week of freelance, so i'm experimenting with my rates. should be fun.
William Holland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work