Opinions Please! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old February 22nd, 2009, 11:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Opinions Please!

Hey guys, these are the highlights of an event I covered for the city of Meridian. Please let me know your thoughts!

City of Meridian - 2009 Chili Cook Off Highlights By Andrew Allsbury On ExposureRoom
Andrew Allsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 02:40 AM   #2
Major Player

I liked it, lot's of talent in editing. The road sign then the lid taken off the steaming pot. Antacid tablets next to the hot sauce. The trophy was super clear and in focus. The kid eating, then the old man eating. The usual questions for superior work: Any lighting, what set up 24/30/60i, presets, frame rate, shutter speed or mix. The color looked very consistent, any advice? Panavision - like.
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 09:36 AM   #3
Wrangler

Moved from XH Sample Clips to Show Your Work. Will get more viewing -- this is a complete work for review rather than a demonstration of unique capabilities or limitations of the camera.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 10:49 AM   #4
Regular Crew

30f, 1/60, VividRGB, Outside WB Preset, no lighting, Gain from -3 to +3 depending.
The lighting conditions were some of the worst I've ever worked in, between the weird color temps in the dark barn and the extreme defused brightness outside (due to the painters plastic walls) it definitely kept me on my toes!
Color and lighting were doctored in Magic Bullet Looks.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 11:10 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Come on guys...lol...good or bad lets hear some input!
Thank you Bill for your input!
Old February 23rd, 2009, 06:23 PM   #6
Regular Crew

bueller....bueller?
Old February 23rd, 2009, 07:49 PM   #7
Major Player

Patience Andrew.... this area does not get throngs of visitors all at once, but a continual stream..... on and off.

I very much liked the pacing, the editing was excellent and the colors crisp and bright.. a very engaging little clip. I wasn't sure I understaood the bagpiper element, but I am sure that is more a local color thing and fit perfectly.

I'd give it high marks. Nicely done... you held my interest the entire time.

Chris
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 09:33 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Chris -
Thank you for your input! The bagpipes have been a repeat question so I will clarify. The fire department sponsored the event, and they invited the highland guard to play at the event. This is because of the old school fireman tie to the Irish. Or at least that's how they played it off! lol I will also work on the patience!
Andrew Allsbury is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work