DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Napp Pharmaceuticals - New Cambridge Offices (HD Video) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/146887-napp-pharmaceuticals-new-cambridge-offices-hd-video.html)

Andy Wilkinson March 29th, 2009 10:43 AM

Napp Pharmaceuticals - New Cambridge Offices (HD Video)

A corporate video with a difference! Just a few things I'd do differently next time but all in all I'm pretty proud of this one, especially some of the musical sequences, construction/assembly timelapses etc. Filmed over a 3-4 month period on a Sony EX3, sound mostly from Rode NTG-3 or Sennheiser G2 radio mics and edited in FCS2 in Full HD (not ProRes) on a mid-2008 15 inch MBP using a 2TB GRAID3 external disc system (via FW800) and Dell 24 inch 2408WFP LCD Monitor with Edirol MA15D/Kenwood subwoofer for sound monitoring.

Hope you like it/rate it well! :-)

YouTube - Napp Pharmaceuticals - New Cambridge Offices (HD Video)

Michael Pulcinella March 30th, 2009 02:16 PM

Very nicely done!

My only criticism would be that some of the informal interviews (i.e. woman sitting at the desk, etc) are dark and flat looking. They could have used a bit of lighting, like you did for the formal interviews.

Other than that...good job!

Andy Wilkinson March 31st, 2009 08:29 AM

Thanks for the complement! And, yes, I agree about that. All the Napp staff interviews had to be done over a couple of hours max one morning to cause minimal intrusion (and I had several big buildings to cover, each 3 floors).

This basically necessitated mobile/run and gun/fast working to be able to get them at all - but at least they were totally natural and spontaneous because of that..... but better lighting for those scenarios is one thing that I wish I'd had the time to implement looking back. If I was doing that again, I think I'd set up all my (big, heavy!) lights in a conference room and then go and find the staff to come and sit in there and give me their comments - but then I'd have lost the variety of backgrounds.

I was with the client again this morning filming something else (and delivering the DVDs/WMV/Flash files etc. for this Napp video) and they are absolutely delighted with the end result - took me out for a very nice Thai curry in Cambridge this lunchtime too!

Anyway, small portable lights/light panel and a fold up reflector are already now on my long shopping list - just waiting to get paid for this job before I splash out on those and some other new gear including a brand new 8 core 2009 Mac Pro etc. :-)

EDIT 1st April. I've had to take this video temporarily off YouTube so link above won't work once all the servers have refreshed.

Michael Pulcinella March 31st, 2009 08:55 AM

It was a minor flaw in an otherwise well done piece. The important thing is that you saw it too and will try to improve for next time.