Napp Pharmaceuticals - New Cambridge Offices (HD Video) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old March 29th, 2009, 10:43 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Napp Pharmaceuticals - New Cambridge Offices (HD Video)

A corporate video with a difference! Just a few things I'd do differently next time but all in all I'm pretty proud of this one, especially some of the musical sequences, construction/assembly timelapses etc. Filmed over a 3-4 month period on a Sony EX3, sound mostly from Rode NTG-3 or Sennheiser G2 radio mics and edited in FCS2 in Full HD (not ProRes) on a mid-2008 15 inch MBP using a 2TB GRAID3 external disc system (via FW800) and Dell 24 inch 2408WFP LCD Monitor with Edirol MA15D/Kenwood subwoofer for sound monitoring.

Hope you like it/rate it well! :-)

YouTube - Napp Pharmaceuticals - New Cambridge Offices (HD Video)
Old March 30th, 2009, 02:16 PM   #2
Major Player

Very nicely done!

My only criticism would be that some of the informal interviews (i.e. woman sitting at the desk, etc) are dark and flat looking. They could have used a bit of lighting, like you did for the formal interviews.

Other than that...good job!
Old March 31st, 2009, 08:29 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks for the complement! And, yes, I agree about that. All the Napp staff interviews had to be done over a couple of hours max one morning to cause minimal intrusion (and I had several big buildings to cover, each 3 floors).

This basically necessitated mobile/run and gun/fast working to be able to get them at all - but at least they were totally natural and spontaneous because of that..... but better lighting for those scenarios is one thing that I wish I'd had the time to implement looking back. If I was doing that again, I think I'd set up all my (big, heavy!) lights in a conference room and then go and find the staff to come and sit in there and give me their comments - but then I'd have lost the variety of backgrounds.

I was with the client again this morning filming something else (and delivering the DVDs/WMV/Flash files etc. for this Napp video) and they are absolutely delighted with the end result - took me out for a very nice Thai curry in Cambridge this lunchtime too!

Anyway, small portable lights/light panel and a fold up reflector are already now on my long shopping list - just waiting to get paid for this job before I splash out on those and some other new gear including a brand new 8 core 2009 Mac Pro etc. :-)

EDIT 1st April. I've had to take this video temporarily off YouTube so link above won't work once all the servers have refreshed.

Last edited by Andy Wilkinson; April 1st, 2009 at 08:14 AM.
Andy Wilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2009, 08:55 AM   #4
Major Player

It was a minor flaw in an otherwise well done piece. The important thing is that you saw it too and will try to improve for next time.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work