free Houston screening of the Bass anthology at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 2nd, 2009, 02:25 AM   #1
Slash Rules!

free Houston screening of the Bass anthology

Hi, all. Hope this is the right place for this. If not, I hope it will be kindly moved to the correct category.

So, the first Thursday of every month, this place called "Dean's Credit Clothing" in downtown Houston (the event, strangely enough, is called "First Thursdays") does a screening of about an hour's worth of a Texas-based (I think they're all Tex-based) filmmaker's work, with a Q&A afterward. So guess what, this month that filmmaker is ME. I think there are a few of you in Houston, and the rest of you should arrange your flights ASAP.

So, here are the details:

What? - SCreening of nine short films, an hour of material

When? Thursday April 2nd, starts at 8:30pm. Come at 8:31 and they cut off a toe. I don't make the rules.

Where: Dean's Credit Clothing, 316 Main in Downtown Houston

Who- Me, you fools!

Why? Why the hell not? You gotta problem?

How? That's not very nice.

Here are the films that will be shown

Hellbound Jew
Very crappy music video about some misbehaving Hebrews.

The Ninjews
Clay Jewish Ninjas battle the clay forces of evil. (PSST: It's claymation, ya dig?)

Peter and I
Al and Peter have been best friends their whole lives, but now find they want different things. Will this relationship survive? Heady drama throbbing with questions of love and desire.

Sluttrex
Do you like to bang dudes? A LOT of dudes? Then you need this pill, lest your nethers blacken and fall off like so much cracked seat leather in an old Buick.

Joey and Jerome’s Excellent Action Movie
Two clueless dudes, inspired by Ben Affleck’s asskicking performance in a killer action flick (this was made back when “The Fleck” did such things), decide to make their OWN killer action flick. . .with no money, resources or know-how

Debt Consolidated
Ruh roh! You spent more money than you had, and now you’re drowning in credit card debt! Too bad you chose these folks to help you.

Blisterine
The mouthwash that should have been subject to a factory recall.

Every Seven Minutes
Man vs. Alarm Clock

Joey and Jerome’s Artistic Meaningful Independent Film
After watching movies starring the likes of Stephen Segal (lean and mean Steven Segal, not fat and barely-mobile Stephen Segal), Jean Claude Van Damme (worshipped and fawned-over Jean Claude Van Damme, not disgraced has-been Jean Claude Van Damme) and Vin Diesel (Post-“Boiler Room”) their whole lives, two impressionable, even child-like lads have their minds blown when they’re exposed for the first time to independent film. So inspired are they that they immediately begin work on their own arthouse masterpiece. . .with no money, resources, or know-how (hey is there an echo in the room?). The second and yet NOT sequential film in the Joey and Jerome series.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work