End Result Series at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 6th, 2009, 01:09 PM   #1
Major Player

End Result Series

Good day all.
I have Part I of my web series "End Result" on my site. This is an action/thriller series that will span 5 episodes. My partner and I are sharing directing duties. We co-directed Part I. Part II and V will be me and III and IV him. This gives each episode a unique look.

Please have a look. This is the first time I've used my JVC HD100 by myself. I ran the camera, and I know I made a bunch of mistakes, I learned very fast and Part II (also camera by me) is looking 1000% better.

This project is being done on a skeleton crew with zero budget and we have a fantastic cast and crew donating their time for this project.

Here is the breakdown of the technical specs:

Camera
JVC HD100 w/RedRock follow focus and shoulder mount
Mahattan 9" on camera LCD (didn't have this on Part I, as you can tell)
Sound running directly to camera using a AT mic and KTEK boom

Post Process
I handled the CGI of the gunshot, the musical score, the editing and the sound FX. It was a long process, but I'm proud of the work. The episode was cut using Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe After Effects (for CGI), Pro Tools LE 7.4 and IK Media's Orchestra software for music score (played by me-first score ever). Sound was mixed directly in Vegas.

We hope you like what you see and enjoy the episode. The goal is to cut this into an actual full short when all the parts are finished. You can see End Result: Part I from the link in my signature under the "FILM" section.

Thank you all.
Old April 6th, 2009, 01:15 PM   #2
Major Player

I forgot to say, I'm also going to be doing a podcast series for beginning filmmakers and help them take that first step into directing/writing/producing their first short. I'll take them through the process of getting over the initial fear. To writing their first script, finding a crew, getting actors, editing, and releasing their material.

I am by no means a pro at this. I'm an aspiring filmmaker myself, but I've met a lot of people who just don't know what that first step is, and maybe with a little podcasting help, they too can give it a shot and make their first film.

:)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work