feature film teaser shot on dvx1000 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old January 8th, 2004, 01:15 PM   #16
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Christian Hede Madsen : Hi!

I just saw the trailer and I was blown away buy it...

It has a fantastic mood and the editing is very good...

I am looking forward to see your film...You guys let us know when it is ready, right?

I live in Denmark and I can see that your film( and some of the others that i`ve seen on the net) is different that the ones we see in Denmark. But I like it alot...

VERY good job... -->>>

thanks for the comments! we just uploaded a few more pics from the film, and hope to have a new teaser up by the end of january. getting my protools system set up today.

little offtopic-
name some of your fave movies that end up making it to denmark?
Clark Kline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2004, 11:11 PM   #17
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

viewed the longer version ( 1:40)
all the shots are composed excellent.
light used excellent in the shots ( excellent moods)
music very mood setting ..
actors look good ..
i found all the individual elements better then the whole ( trailer).
in the end i felt it was a slide show.
i can't remember what it's about but i do remeber it had very good photo images.

look foward to seeing more clips from it ...
Don Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2004, 01:45 PM   #18
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Don Donatello : viewed the longer version ( 1:40)
all the shots are composed excellent.
light used excellent in the shots ( excellent moods)
music very mood setting ..
actors look good ..
i found all the individual elements better then the whole ( trailer).
in the end i felt it was a slide show.
i can't remember what it's about but i do remeber it had very good photo images.

look foward to seeing more clips from it ... -->>>

Thanks for the comments. We've had some pretty interesting emails about what people think the movie is about. My favorite idea someone sent was serial killing girlscouts.

the next teaser will give people a much better idea of what it's about.
Old January 11th, 2004, 02:07 PM   #19
Regular Crew

I have a hard time with the expression "favourite film", becase I like so many...

And really my taste in films is very broad... I like big-hollywood films like Braveheart and Gladiator and smaller films like: Tape, El mariachi, Bad Taste, Evil Dead, Spun, run Lola run and many many many more...(and then I am a big documentary fan too)
Christian Hede Madsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2004, 04:24 PM   #20
Regular Crew

listed a bunch of my faves. i've always wondered what was readily available to people in other countries, because in America we only get a small selection of "foreign" films. Indian films for one, we get only a handful even though they produce on average more than hollywood in any given year. good to know some smaller films like "tape" find their way to other countries.

<<<-- Originally posted by Christian Hede Madsen : I have a hard time with the expression "favourite film", becase I like so many...

And really my taste in films is very broad... I like big-hollywood films like Braveheart and Gladiator and smaller films like: Tape, El mariachi, Bad Taste, Evil Dead, Spun, run Lola run and many many many more...(and then I am a big documentary fan too) -->>>
Old January 20th, 2004, 08:54 AM   #21

Great shots. Very well lit and exposed.

The story looks interesting, but little or none of it is reealed in the teaser. I guess that's why they call it a teaser.
Peter John Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2004, 01:39 PM   #22
Regular Crew

thanks much!
we're very close to our new trailer. gonna turn it over to our composer in the next week. lots more screengrabs up too.

<<<-- Originally posted by Peter John Ross : Great shots. Very well lit and exposed.

The story looks interesting, but little or none of it is reealed in the teaser. I guess that's why they call it a teaser. -->>>
Old March 23rd, 2004, 01:36 PM   #23
Regular Crew

we posted teaser c at www.foolmartyr.com
Old March 23rd, 2004, 07:26 PM   #24
Wrangler

Hi,
Nice trailer, but I have some constructive criticism for you, which should fix a few small issues. In your editing of the trailer, (I only watched the long one) many of the cuts come very abruptly, and it distracts from the flow of the trailer. I think the first one was right before the first line of text. picture... pircture... picture... BAM-BLACK!... Text... Thats the effect it had on me. Very distracting. I suggest changing these to a dissolve/fade. That should allow some smoother flow.
My other main criticism is it looks like you have used three different types of cameras to shoot this. It's somewhat distracting while watching the trailer. Some shots are crisp, some are over saturated, some are very soft. I suggest some extensive colour correction to balance them a better.

I like your photography very much, but the trailer didn't really tell what the movie was about, which is the whole point of the trailer.

Thats it. Nothing you can't fix with a little extra computer time. Otherwise, very nice!
Old March 26th, 2004, 11:40 AM   #25
Regular Crew

All good criticism. I'm not a big fan of video fades, and we havent gotten the tools to simulate film fades yet but I plan to by the finished cut. And I agree about the color correction- part of it is because I am still learning it right now. But most of it is because there is essentially 3-4 styles of looks in the film itself, While we only filmed with one camera- we gave each story specific looks via lenses/filters/set colors etc, and couple that with some drastic corrected stuff and it's pretty jarring in the teaser.

By the time I post the full on trailer, I'll make sure it's much more consistent- thanks!

As far as the story- basically this teaser is putting a little of the story out there (having guarded it this far...we're only trickling it out). And honestly I'm a huge fan of teasers that are just that... The coming trailer will give more of a sense of the plot with dialogue etc...

clark
Old April 9th, 2004, 10:24 AM   #26
Regular Crew

we just posted new screencaps and pics at www.foolmartyr.com.
check out the newly updated stills page as well as behind the scenes pics.
Old April 9th, 2004, 11:27 AM   #27
Inner Circle

After having watched the teaser, this is what struck me the most: it seems disjointed. Now I know you don't want to give your story away, but while I was watching it, I felt like I was watching a collection of scenes from different movies. Even if you don't want to release information on the story, there needs to be some connection in the clips. Just my opinion.
Old April 9th, 2004, 12:11 PM   #28
Regular Crew

thanks for the input.

we seem to get two responses. many like the ambiguity, others want more. but that's why we're still calling it a teaser even though it's 2 minutes...cause we still dont feel like it's a typical trailer. the trailer will feel much more complete.

<<<-- Originally posted by Travis Cossel : After having watched the teaser, this is what struck me the most: it seems disjointed. Now I know you don't want to give your story away, but while I was watching it, I felt like I was watching a collection of scenes from different movies. Even if you don't want to release information on the story, there needs to be some connection in the clips. Just my opinion. -->>>
Old April 9th, 2004, 01:31 PM   #29
Inner Circle

Well, I like ambiguity. I just feel that if your teaser is too ambiguous (obviously that's subjective) then I'll just forget all about it. I'm not going to log it into my memory as "I want to see that", because I haven't a clue as to what it is about. I can't even tell if it's a thriller, a drama, a comedy or whatever. If I had seen that on TV last night, I wouldn't ever think twice about it. It just doesn't deliver enough to me to make a connection with me.

Hope that makes sense.
Old April 12th, 2004, 11:31 AM   #30
Regular Crew

makes sense. i hope through the music we got the genre across and although it may not seem it, the images do back up the text, although the text is pretty vague. I know if something is too ambiguous it may not hook you, and that's what a teaser is all about.: hooking.

thanks for taking the time to watch and give us input!

<<<-- Originally posted by Travis Cossel : Well, I like ambiguity. I just feel that if your teaser is too ambiguous (obviously that's subjective) then I'll just forget all about it. I'm not going to log it into my memory as "I want to see that", because I haven't a clue as to what it is about. I can't even tell if it's a thriller, a drama, a comedy or whatever. If I had seen that on TV last night, I wouldn't ever think twice about it. It just doesn't deliver enough to me to make a connection with me.

Hope that makes sense. -->>>
Clark Kline is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work