DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Show Your Work 2004 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/18260-show-your-work-2004-a.html)

Ozan Biron January 5th, 2004 10:55 PM

Corey,

Crowned King?

Sean Frank is the singer and his little brother is on sac...Sean went to my elementary school.

Was that video done by Triton films?
When was the video done? Couple months ago?

damn wat a small world!

Lars Siden January 6th, 2004 04:26 AM

Hi Jerry,

Nice site! A bit different approach then the usual sites!

One thought: You should use a font that is taller than wider, and perhaps abit more "free air" between the lines, for readability!

Best regards,

Lazze Z

John Gaspain January 6th, 2004 08:26 AM

looks great!

Timothy Eno January 6th, 2004 09:08 AM

Nice site and footage Jerry, What is the bands name on the first us open clip?

John Gaspain January 6th, 2004 09:13 AM

work ive been doing with my DV953 [clips]

Heres some Snowboarding work ive been doing with my DV953, the colors might look off because I did all that in post for effect.

Thought you Pana guys might be interested
{btw, the DVD quality is outstanding}

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...219#post131219

John Gaspain

Adam Burtle January 6th, 2004 12:57 PM

Looks nice.. love the zebra gixxer haha.

The camera angles were very inventive.. i love the camera on the midde of the tail looking up at the rider's back.. great vantage point.. a lot of these angles are way better than onboard kneedragging video i've seen in the past.

what kind of onboard camera/lenses was this video shot with?

Nicholi Brossia January 6th, 2004 01:28 PM

I agree with Adam. You have some great camera angles in there. I especially like the "Training Day-ish" front wheel/rotor shot.
Something I did notice however is that the shots end a little quickly for my taste. Many times the shot ended before I could really grasp exactly what was happening. You have some very creative angles in there, and I'd love to get to see them a little longer. I imagine the quick edits were used only in the trailer so its probably not a big deal.
As far as the graphics go, I like them. Yeah, the font is basic, but the white flash goes great with the music and is timed well.
Overall, I think you did a great job and I would like to see the whole video.

Aykut Ozen January 6th, 2004 03:28 PM

snowing

The link seems broken...it doesn't work for me...Here in Seattle WA, it's snowing like crazy today...it looks very cool outside...i would like to see that footage...

Rafal Krolik January 6th, 2004 04:44 PM

My first two shorts

I would like to share with you my first two ultra shorts. I decided to give up on wedding videography as it was doing nothing for my soul, so here I am, my early attempts at something that I hope to get better at.

www.rafalkrolik.com/westlakefright.wmv (12 MB)
www.rafalkrolik.com/thebowler.wmv (9.5 MB)

Fred Alberni January 6th, 2004 04:49 PM

I had no problem downloading the file with GetRight. Nice piece of work. I agree, the music could be more exciting.

Made it back from Boeing field to Bellevue in one piece in the snow.

John Gaspain January 6th, 2004 05:03 PM

Glad you liked it Fred! and yea I agree with that about the Rhinestone, I just dont know what I should use to replace it? any suggessions?

[Fixed Quicktime link]

I changed the music to Sepultura- Territory :D, it fits it much better now

Fred Alberni January 6th, 2004 09:51 PM

There're several CDs worth of free music, grouped in different categories, on www. freeplaymusic.com. You can download them either in wav or in mp3 format. I've downloaded them all gradually in mp3 and burned on 3 CDs. Each clips comes in four or five different lengths, up to two minutes I think.

Yow Cheong Hoe January 6th, 2004 10:28 PM

I have never experienced snow (the frog in the well, I am), but the snow colour changes over each cut. Sunlight or WB?

Guest January 7th, 2004 12:38 AM

it is modest mouse, the name of the song is 'lounge' if i remember correctly. their a real good band, check em out definately

John Gaspain January 7th, 2004 02:05 AM

na, its just Me screwing with color corrector in Vegas, no red snow here!