Show Your Work 2004 - Page 51 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old December 6th, 2004, 10:50 AM   #751
Major Player

This weekend, MiniDV Festival in Hollywood

Come to the MiniDV Pure Digital Festival in Hollywood this coming weekend to see 113 films projects projected on the big screen. A BUNCH of which was shot with the PD150 & PD170.

Get all the details here: www.MiniDVfestival.com

<moderator note>
This message was cross-posted to a number of forums which is not allowed. Please note that the author wanted you to know that the films being shown were shot with a number of popular DV and HDV cameras.
Old December 6th, 2004, 09:23 PM   #752
Trustee

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!
Old December 8th, 2004, 08:13 AM   #753
New Boot

A Joker's Card teasers

Hello everyone posted at the Neighborhood area so didn't want to repeat myself much, if you have some time, I've 2 teasers online about this parody/fan film based on DC Comics charactres

http://www.mdifilm.com/joker/media.html

Thanks!

Johnny Wu
Old December 8th, 2004, 08:39 AM   #754
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Hi Johnny,

Nicely done! Can you tell us more about the project? Do you plan to show more of it online?
Old December 8th, 2004, 08:50 AM   #755
New Boot

Thanks John,

the short film is about 20 mins long, tells the story about Joker's son (Jonathan Napier) always being beaten up and when he is visitng his father at the Asylum, he talked to Mr. Freeze's son (Vince Fries) and Vince suggested some 'revenge'...

So, they team up with the help of Mr. Big to get some thugs to do their task, only thing, the good guys' son and daughter are a bit misfit... Obviously Nightwing, the back then Robin, will come at the end to save the kids while have to fight aganst Ekin Tzu.

A Joker's Card is also a blend of Anime and HK films that I am inspired by (Hero, Volcano High, Arahan, a few)...

Other than 2 characters are really from the Batman world, the rest are fictitious characters based on Gotham City realm, this way we can make it a comedy without hurting any actual characters and having fans killing us. :)

Several teasers concentrating on each character will come about shortly then a trailer and finally the finished 20 mins long short film. (I'm in editing right now up to 13 mins done).

The project was shot by using DV cams, XL1 (3), PD150, TRV900 etc. and edited with Adobe Premiere Pro. During shoot, we set up several tv monitors to view the outcome so we can be satisfy with the look and feel.

You will see a major color difference between teaser 1 and 2 as the 2nd one is actually reflecting the color tone/style I'm going for with the finished short film.

We started planning on this in Feb 2004 and started principal photography in October 13th. I've done many short films and produced a few features (low-budget) this one cost as much as a low-budget feature film I've done in the past...

As for wire work, we have done an experimental wire-fu short film The Chase in 2003 (www.mdifilm.com/thechase) and we decided to go more into challenging us with crazier stuff. And doing a comic book based would be more 'believable' if the characters can 'fly' :) Afterall, they are superheroes/villians

Ultimately, to have fun was our goal and I think we accomplished that thanks to the team work.

Crew was about 25 people and cast is about 20 at one time. And we have over 10 hours of behind-the-scene footages that will be included in the final DVD giveaway which including interviews, comentaries, bloopers and all kind of stupid things we did during shoot. :)

Johnny
Old December 9th, 2004, 07:15 PM   #756
New Boot

Wow, this project sounds awesome!

Let us know when their is a download of it, I really want to see it!
Old December 9th, 2004, 09:24 PM   #757
Trustee

Cosmology Conference intro - your opinions appreciated!

This is a minute and a half intro for a video series of a conference on cosmology (the study of space) that I filmed and edited late last year/early this year. Most people would probably find the subject dull and boring, but who says the intro has to be?

I used a Steadicam JR for the shots. Since I grabbed the shots during a break in the conference I added the speakers’ clips later by motion tracking them to the screen in After Effects. A friend of mine composed the music.

Anway, please let me know what you think of it. Do you think it could make a good sort of promo/trailer?

You can view the video on my web site.
Old December 10th, 2004, 12:53 AM   #758
Regular Crew

The speakers' point of view was very clear, which makes for an interesting promo. I question the use of the empty auditorium as a framing device, because it implies that your speakers were talking into a void--and since the speakers' ideas are clear, you don't need to fancy the video up with the effect.

Michael
Old December 11th, 2004, 11:34 AM   #759
Inner Circle

Sites with films

Hey, I performed a search here, but I didn't find anything, although I know somebody once asked the same thing (I THINK, don't know for sure)

But this is my question: are there many sites with peoples movies, like here?
I know fanflicks.com, but that isn't updated regularly, and I know Triggerstreet to, but the size is so very small.

Does anyone know other sites?

Thanks in advance.
Old December 11th, 2004, 01:59 PM   #760
New Boot

www.ifilm.com and www.atomfilms.com are two that I can think of off-hand.

Be sure to check out "Home Base" for one of the best shorts I've seen online:
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2410176
Old December 11th, 2004, 02:17 PM   #761
Inner Circle

Okay, thanks :-)
Old December 11th, 2004, 07:12 PM   #762
Trustee

Michael,

Thank you for the feedback. I guess it is a little odd having them talk to an empty room. Hopefully I'll have a better idea next time - which I hope is a little while. I had no idea how much work I was getting into on that project.
Old December 12th, 2004, 07:59 AM   #763
Major Player

Surf to my site (URL down below) and check out the Links page.
Old December 13th, 2004, 12:12 AM   #764
New Boot

"University Heights" feature film trailer

Hello, I'm new to the board, but wanted to post a trailer for a feature that I shot earlier this year and released in June.

It's called "University Heights," and I shot it with a budget of $400 over 16 days, and had a cast of 55 and crew of about 10.

The trailer is in Windows Media, and is 3.7 MB

http://www.blueboxlimited.com/multimedia/uhtrailer03.wmv

SYNOPSIS: "University Heights" is a reflection on American life and the struggles that we face everyday.

Four lives on a college campus. Four problems seeking answers. A Philosophy teacher owes thousands of dollars to a drug cartel, but the death of his wife destroys him with guilt. A teenager hopes to fall in love, but finds trouble in his drug use. Confused and alone, an English teacher fights his sexuality. Consumed by racism and disgust, a student discovers whom he hates most - himself.

An examination of life and the choices we make, "University Heights" grasps the everyday struggles of humanity - finding yourself.

For more info, visit www.blueboxlimited.com.
Old December 13th, 2004, 12:15 AM   #765
New Boot

"Her Summer" feature film trailer

In addition to my other post ("University Heights" trailer), I wanted to put up another feature film that I produced this year, entitled "Her Summer." We shot it during the summer and premiered it at the IMAX Theatre in Davenport, IA in October. We had a small cast & crew, and the budget was $50. I hope you enjoy!

http://www.blueboxlimited.com/multimedia/hstrailer.wmv (Windows Media, 6.8 MB)

SYNOPSIS: On a routine police investigation, Officer Ethan Crowe discovers two of his brothers brutally murdered. Determined to solve the mystery of their death himself, Ethan stays on the crime scene all night...ending in a horrifying discovery.

The next morning, Ethan is missing.

Based on a true story, "Her Summer" is a compilation of events which took place that night, unraveled by two friends who come across the investigation material.

For more info, visit www.blueboxlimited.com.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work