Show Your Work 2004 - Page 53 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old December 18th, 2004, 01:48 PM   #781
New Boot

FTV Promo

FTV (Feline Television) the finest in Species Specific Television programing

Open this URL: http://critterimages.com/FTV.htm
and hit the "click here" hyperlink to download the FTV Promo

Enjoy,
Phil Slosberg
http://critterimages.com
Old December 21st, 2004, 12:27 AM   #782
Trustee

Site for the Short Film "Winning Bidder"

Hi all, just wanted to post a link to the site I'm working on for a short film I recently completed. Nothing fancy, not too flashy, just the basics.

Having some success so far with the film - it won a local film slam held by an indie theater in downtown Orlando, and as a result it'll be showing this coming Sunday again for the yearly finals. Also just started the fest submissions, so hopefully there's some more good news to come soon, knock on wood.

http://www.theseventhlevel.net/winningbidder

Thanks for checking it out. There are some sample scenes on the downloads page.
Old December 21st, 2004, 12:49 AM   #783
Regular Crew

Looks very interesting. I would like to see it. Unfortunately I cannot drive to Michigan. Good luck with the premiere!
Old December 21st, 2004, 01:35 AM   #784
Regular Crew

It's really hard to say anything based on the teaser. Usually teasers and trailers are made to spark some interest but here we just see a bunch of characters walking or doing something + yeah, needs deinterlacing.
With the teaser you should make us want to watch your movie!
Old December 21st, 2004, 05:20 PM   #785
Regular Crew

Looking at the trailers, the film is okay. Problems are with the black guy (african-american if you will) who is overplaying a lot, and the main actor is too (whe he meets the girl, besides that he's good). The composition is good too, except one scene when the black guy says that the place is not exactly the best one, we see some part of the main character's body and then the whole black guy's body with some space to the right of it. Need to turn the camera juuust a bit to the left so they both fit.That's little details but I guess I noticed them.
Lighting and the color is great - that's what I liked about the film (although sometimes characters are "overlighted", to the point when we can differentiate the 'real' lighting and the one setup. Life the cafee scene, everything is relatively dark but the character's face is bright, Maybe they were sitting close to a window..)
Sound's good too. Again, except in the very beginning of the 1st trailer. Seems that mic was too far away from the characters.
Need to see the whole thing to evaluate it :).
I hope you didn't get the impression that I'm the ultimate filmmaker or something. I'm pretty sure that I'll make similar mistakes sometime, but I notice mistakes equally in my and others' films.

BTW, how are you going to screen it? I mean, where to get the budget to transfer it on film? :) Or was it shot on film right from the start?
Old December 21st, 2004, 07:13 PM   #786
Tourist

Christmas-style mockumentary...thoughts?

Hey all,

Made this with a buddy over christmas break last year. It was just intended as a fun project to mess around with, so there's definitely some colorful language..... anyway, critque away..

LARGE(81mb)--http://www.dyingbirdproductions.com/...ngle_large.mov

SMALL(41mb)--http://www.dyingbirdproductions.com/...ngle_small.mov
Old December 21st, 2004, 10:18 PM   #787
Woodyfang

Undead Army - new movies

Hiya guys

I got some really nice feedback when I first posted my films here. Just added four more to my site, including my first foray into 3D animation with 3DS Max (Its called Chaeostrophe)

do have a look and tell me what you think

http://www.undeadarmy.org/video.htm

thanks

Hagop

Lighting Cameraman / Director / Producer / Music Producer / DJ / Web Designer / Visualist / Media Student / IT Tutor / Digital Artist

W00dy See, W00dy d00...
Old December 22nd, 2004, 01:03 AM   #788
Trustee

Hey thanks for checking it out. Some of what you say is very true - good eye - but some of it is the fact that the samples are in pretty compressed Flash video. Does some odd things to the audio and contrast unless you really bring up the bitrate, which I didn't really do. The micing definitely was tight in that scene - it's the audio on the Flash that's a little whack. I guess I should make them better, though I'm more focused in getting a menued DVD for it done right now for all the people involved. We had some 3 tapes full of behind the scenes stuff we shot which I have to wade through.

The press kit and screener DVD were my main first goal to finish and those are done and I've started sending 'em out to the fests. As far as screening we have a digital indie theater in town, plus a couple of "film nights" here and there. No reason for a filmout though - it's not good enough for something like that. Fests will get it in BetaSP.

Thanks again!
Old December 22nd, 2004, 01:22 AM   #789
Regular Crew

Yeah, that makes more sense when the quality is descreased.
I think, you shouldn't save on the quality though. You can upload smaller in length but higher in resolution or quality clips.
After all, there shouldn't be that much traffic so that you have to pay extras for bandwidth. Although it depends on the hosting plan you have.
Old December 22nd, 2004, 02:30 AM   #790
Regular Crew

Darn.. Posted in the wrong topic :). (I had this slowmo footage here)
Old December 23rd, 2004, 07:18 AM   #791
Regular Crew

Good sites for feedback?

I am wondering if you guys know some good sites that involve uploading short films and getting feedback/critiques from lots of other people. I would really love to be able to upload my first film to Triggerstreet and get some feedback from them, but seeing as how my film was a student project and uses what is most likely copyrighted material (an old Japanese Tohoscope logo and various drums/flutes from The Hidden Fortress), I am afraid of uploading it there because Triggerstreet is considered a film festival type deal I believe, so using copyrighted material is definitely a no-no.

I am looking for some non film festival type sites where I don't have to worry about that sort of thing. I am glad I came here to ask this because I had forgotten that I could also get feedback from you guys. So I will in fact post a link here soon to my first short film, but please, any other sites that you guys know of...let me know so I can get as much feedback as possible. I would greatly appreciate it.
Old December 23rd, 2004, 11:12 AM   #792
New Boot

I would try going to www.studentfilms.com they appear to host films there. I've watched a couple and the quality is pretty decent but I don't know what it takes to get a film on there.

Hope that helps.

http://www.exfilms.com
Old December 23rd, 2004, 11:32 AM   #793
Tourist

anyone?
Old December 23rd, 2004, 02:14 PM   #794
Regular Crew

I think all you have to do is pay a fee per minute to upload and be enrolled in some sort of 'school'. I've seen loads of films from Studenfilms.com, and it's a pretty good resource - you get to see a lot of good and bad shorts, know what mistakes to avoid, etc.

I think the best thing to do first is to use different/original music, because no matter where you upload it's still infringing copyright. Better to just change it now, then you'll have complete freedom over where you screen it. And you'll feel really good about having a 100% 'home-made' film too...

Dennis
Old December 24th, 2004, 09:47 AM   #795
Regular Crew

Humor is in the eye of the beholder... :-)

Alex

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work