Show Your Work 2004 - Page 54 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old December 24th, 2004, 10:20 AM   #796
Regular Crew

YellowCard music video contest

Hey everyone. I just joined this place, Im 17 and been doing music video for 2 years now some for fun & some for local bands. My video is under the name of Max Sitnikov in this list http://www.ifilm.com/promo/yellowcard/submissions.jsp check out the video and write some feedback if you dont mind, and please vote for it.
Old December 24th, 2004, 11:49 AM   #797
Regular Crew

sorry i duno where to put this, but PLEASE HELP

hi everyone, i am a 16 year old kid who just is into cinematography and stuff.

a month ago i entered a music video contest... and a counselor from USC told me that winning this contest could totally be one of the keys in my portfolio to getting into this top college and majoring in film.

pleeeeeeeease *big puppy eyes* go to
http://www.ifilm.com/promo/yellowcard/submissions.jsp

and go like 2/3rds down and find "Arthur To" and vote for me pleeeeeeease?

and you can watch my video that i made =)

thanks soooo much!!
-arthur
Old December 24th, 2004, 12:13 PM   #798
Major Player

Well maybe it wasn't fair but I voted for you without watching the others. Very nicely done and great band! Best of luck to you!

Congratulations!
Old December 24th, 2004, 12:16 PM   #799
Regular Crew

ah

ahhhhhh thx so much =) =) =)!!

-arthur
Old December 24th, 2004, 12:36 PM   #800
Major Player

I'm trying to figure out a way of being constructive and polite but I am having a difficult time putting my finger on it.

The beginning started out looking like it could have potential but then it slowed WAAAAAY down. Over all it felt too long. I watched it for almost 10 minutes and then HAD to fast forward it to about 15 minutes when I just gave up and quit watching.
The exposure was off (sometimes the background wall would be correctly exposed and "Santa" was underexposed, the dialog was crude, cursing for no apparent reason (no matter what, the suspension of disbelief that Santa would have EVER used that much foul language is highly unlikely). I understand there were budgetary concerns but the interior shots could have been made more interesting.

It could have potential, and I like the concept, but it was executed all wrong. Make it much shorter or more interesting. Santa as a young punk eating at "Mc D's" is a cool idea but this character had less in common with Santa than Sadam Hussain (sorry don't know how to spell it).

I don't want to discourage your efforts by any means. In fact, it's good practice and I imagine it took you a lot of time and energy. Marks for that! It just needs a better story. Edit the script some more and make some story boards and follow the flow. It took too long to say anything.

Maybe more people will chime in but be prepared for some critics. Thanks for posting.
Old December 24th, 2004, 11:10 PM   #801
Regular Crew

D E S T I N A T I O N : L I F E

Trailer Made for a school project in Vegas 4 with my GL2. Some shots with a Century Optics .3x Ultra Fisheye...Tell me what you think.

http://s90140792.onlinehome.us/Destination%20Life.htm
Old December 24th, 2004, 11:45 PM   #802
Major Player

I liked that video alot. I've just chugged through a couple music videos my self and yours looked very well thought out.

I voted for you.
Old December 25th, 2004, 02:19 AM   #803
Regular Crew

Awesome trailer in my opinion. I also use a GL2, but I find Vegas really hard to use, so I'm with Preimere Pro. I was wondering what settings your GL2 was on when you guys shot that...
Old December 25th, 2004, 05:24 AM   #804
Regular Crew

So you just shot the trailer? Or is there an actual project behind?
Sorry if it is a dumb question, but as practice, just making a trailer is great!
I liked the look of it. A little too long in my oppinion.
Good job!
Old December 25th, 2004, 10:28 AM   #805
Regular Crew

The shooting is nice, the images are nice, but really this isn't a trailer.

Trailers are suppose to tease, reveal a plot line, make you curious to see what the movie is about. You reveal tension, interplay between characters, and often push the most commercial aspects of a movie.

This struck me more as a music video faking being a trailer for style, rather than a true trailer. I saw no story, no plot, no character interaction, no real tension... just some guy walking to a sort of strange death being hit by the only car in a huge parking lot. It also went WAY too long (trailer times are usually in increments of 30 seconds, maxing about 2 minutes)

As I said: the images are nice, the techniques used in editing very smooth, the camera work nice, the colors are nice and deep.

Alex
Old December 26th, 2004, 12:18 PM   #806
Regular Crew

Wormhole - Music Video

This is a music video I shoot over the summer and just completed editing not too long ago. Take a look at it and let me know what you think. Thanks

http://www.steakmotionpictures.com/thebest.wmv
Old December 26th, 2004, 12:42 PM   #807
Regular Crew

Parental Advisory: Explicit lyrics. :)

Nice clean shots, nice color... I am not a huge fan of the "guy singing to the camera" routine, but you managed to keep it visually interesting. Not sure if it compliments his message or obscures it, but that is a whole other discussion.

Alex
Old December 27th, 2004, 03:06 AM   #808
Regular Crew

short film trailer:

http://www.sodesune.com/trailer.mov

It's just kind of a joke, me and my cousin decided to spend some time making a movie. Tell me what you think.
Old December 28th, 2004, 10:28 AM   #809
Regular Crew

I did a music video there to max I'll have to check it out you can watch mine too if your there

it's under Kyle Kauss and Matt bulr video
Old December 29th, 2004, 11:13 AM   #810
New Boot

2 minutes of suspense

Heya, i've made a little suspense short called Hunted.
The file is 12mb mpg , pls watch and most importantly post a reply on what you guys think of it.

Criticism WANTED.

http://www.imagestation.com/video/vi...122439732&dl=1

(hmm...somehow i can't make a hotlink to it, copy link and paste in browser...should be able to "save as")
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work