DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   My first Music Video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/196168-my-first-music-video.html)

Jawad Mir April 14th, 2009 07:30 AM

My first Music Video

Just wanted to share my first music video.

This one was filmed on XH A1 and HV20. Keep in mind this had no budget, single man crew from pre-production to post production and filmed in -20 degrees

Needle in the Vein - Pandamonia - blog.jawadmir.com on Vimeo

Would love feedback.

Steve Elgar April 14th, 2009 07:38 AM

Nice work there Jawad. How many takes did you shoot to get all the angles ?
Looks VERY COLD there.

Jawad Mir April 14th, 2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Elgar (Post 1091458)
Nice work there Jawad. How many takes did you shoot to get all the angles ?
Looks VERY COLD there.

Thanks Steve.

I had them perform 6 times from beginning to end. Three times inside barn and 3 times outside. 2 out of 6 we couldn't finish because of technical difficulties but I still was able to take footage from it.

John Stakes April 14th, 2009 09:32 AM

First, the group has a great sound!

I think the video came out good. Higher quality than my first video, but I don't know if it was better ; ). I think the only thing missing is a shallow depth on the close-ups. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Maybe its the HV20? I know the stock A1 gets great shots on close-ups. Also, get rid of those zooms!

The video was directed well, and I think the B-roll actually tied in pretty good and added a calming feeling to the mood of the video, which compliments the color. Very professional which is one of the hardest things to achieve in a video, at least in my experience.

Keep up the good work.

JS

Jawad Mir April 14th, 2009 10:55 AM

Thanks John.

I agree with shallow of depth. One reason I will be filming next on 35 mm. The whole concept of this music video planning from start to finished took 2 days before the shoot.

I used only 2 shots in HV20 that you can barely see.

Thanks again man. Appreciate it.

And to answer Steve's question. Yes it was bitter cold. Not to mention, so many technical difficulties we had from band performance performance to my new car's battery dying and it was up north, at least 150 km from where I reside

But honestly at the end..every second was worth it:)

Bradley Ouellette April 14th, 2009 11:33 AM

My comments on the acting, have them be more enthused, the drummer barely seems like she was playing, more just there for show. And have the guitarist really be moody. extenuate there actions! And maybe a close up of the vocalist, with a like the lense shaking done in post, or even a earthquake effect in some spots.

But that was an incredible song, really like it!

Jawad Mir April 16th, 2009 03:55 PM

Thanks for your feedback Bradley

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradley Ouellette (Post 1092163)
My comments on the acting, have them be more enthused, the drummer barely seems like she was playing, more just there for show. And have the guitarist really be moody. extenuate there actions! And maybe a close up of the vocalist, with a like the lense shaking done in post, or even a earthquake effect in some spots.

But that was an incredible song, really like it!