DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Hi, I'm new here. but please check out my video. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/20136-hi-im-new-here-but-please-check-out-my-video.html)

Chris Shepard January 21st, 2004 02:18 AM

Hi, I'm new here. but please check out my video.

Hello,
I'm very happy to have finally found a forum that’s really good for DV. I've been lurking around here for about a week now and decided to post a link to my current project called "Downfall". It's my first real attempt at a snowboarding video. This is a 2min long preview of what I hope to be a 30-40 minute long DVD. It is not entirely done yet; I've got some timing issues to work out etc. Please let me know what you guys think and if you have any tips that would great too.

Oh yea, you'll need the Xvid codec to view it. Just right click the link and save as.

http://borealskischool.com/mpegs/dow...iew_ver2_s.avi

And in case you were wondering this was all shot with a Canon GL-1 with a .3x raynox fisheye(great value by the way) and Canon Optura 200mc with a .44 wide angle (not sure what brand). Edited on Mac G4 450 with FCP 1.5 and will eventually be burned to DVD using Encore 1.0 (but I'm thinking about using my friends system with vegas+dvd to ad 5.1 sound)

Rob Lohman January 21st, 2004 06:25 AM

Overal I liked it. You had some very nice shots in there (especially
more towards the end). I disliked the music however as well
as the shots with the sun in it. Also around 75% you had a
shot where someone was running towards a group of people
and the camera bounce all over the place which I didn't like.

The photo montage and the faster cutting near the end was
really nice and there were some great shots both in the photo
montage, the fast editing, the guy doing the huge jump and
the last fall in the snow. Those were excellent!

Rob Hester January 21st, 2004 10:43 AM

DAMN I wish I could do that!!

A lot of good skate/snow vids have a narrative along with it too right? Lets you associate with the guys more? Like Props (well this is BMX) but the guys do interview/voiceovers about the day and the cool stuff that their buds pulled at the different locals, have you thought about anything like that? Might let the 1 place you are shooting in leave something to the imagination of the viewer...I love watching them and thinking wow this is a huuuge place...adds to the pro-ness...like not the same jump or move everytime too..even if its less difficult, it adds to the variety

I loved it though....please stick around and post anything else you churn out! Thanks a lot!

Rob

Chris Shepard January 21st, 2004 04:07 PM

?

Why did this get moved to this forum? this video is not for broadcast, it's just for fun. I really don't care, I'm just wondering.

Brian Huey January 21st, 2004 04:21 PM

This is the forum for sharing projects you've done, not just for broadcast or theatrical release like the forum description suggests. Guess it's a bit confusing and should be changed a bit.

Also, I can't get your video link to work, is it down? And if so when will it be back up?

Cheers,
Brian

Rob Lohman January 21st, 2004 04:38 PM

Link seems to be down at the moment, indeed. As Brian said,
this forum is for show casing your work. Whether it's to show
your progression or latest movie. Doesn't matter what it is
targeted for, as long as someone can watch it online it belongs
here.

We are currently looking into the matter of the forum descriptions.

Chris Shepard January 22nd, 2004 12:54 AM

oh

Oh ok. I get it now. And yea, it seems like the server is down right now. I'll have to ask my friend who manages it whats going on.

Chris Shepard January 23rd, 2004 10:51 AM

it's back up now!

Dennis Sladek January 23rd, 2004 08:10 PM

I liked the video a lot. There are a few minor imperfections, but what the heck!
I found the music irritating.
IMHO