DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   music video. give me some feedback. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/21144-music-video-give-me-some-feedback.html)

Alfred Tomaszewski February 10th, 2004 01:22 PM

music video. give me some feedback.

The Anti-Flag video for the song "turncoat" is now being hosted on my site. I posted this before but no one watched it because the video was a real player file (its quicktime now). It can be found under the portfolio section of my site, along with the new Scrambled Visual Demo Reel 2004, which includes never before seen footage from The Suicide Machines, Against Me!, Anti-Flag, Thought Riot, Pipedown, and more...

Here is a direct link.
www.scrambledvisual.com/turncoat.mov

Thanks for checking it out, and it would be great if you left some feedback on the video.

Evan Kubota February 10th, 2004 01:46 PM

Good video. The editing was crisp, right on the beats, and captured the energy of the performance well. I also like the animated words. If I was the director, I would have made the words pile up on each other so by the end the room the band was playing in would be filled with the animated words in 3D space. Very well done, though.

Rafal Krolik February 10th, 2004 04:05 PM

This was fantastic. Let's just say that comparing to you, I have a lot to learn.

Keith Loh February 10th, 2004 04:35 PM

That was very good. Totally professional. There was a synch problem but I think that was on my viewing machine end. The angles and the editing was bang on.

Steve Franco February 11th, 2004 08:52 AM

Hey Alfred, That was a great video. The cuts were perfectly timed. I thought the song was pretty good too but that's besides the point. What type of camera did you use and what software was used in post? Thanks.

Alfred Tomaszewski February 11th, 2004 05:13 PM

Thank you all for your very kind words about the video.

Steve:
We shot it on a Sony DSR 300. For post we used an Apple dual 2.0 Ghz G5 with FCP4.

Evan:
We had thought about that but not having photoshop or after effects was a real stopper for a lot of ideas and we had to make due with what we had and what we knew so we just built some walls and wrote on them. I do feel the turned out alright except i wish we would have shot on film because the words wouldn't have been so washed out becase film has a higher contrast ratio.

Evan Kubota February 11th, 2004 09:39 PM

Wait, you didn't have After Effects? How did you do the animated words? Either way, it looked good.

Rob Lohman February 12th, 2004 03:08 AM

Looking and sounding great! Nice shooting and editing work.
Very professional indeed, could go onto a music station without
any troubles.

Kyle Kauss February 12th, 2004 09:43 AM

Awesome I really liked it better then a lot of sh*t on MTV dude

Glen Irvine July 10th, 2004 03:29 PM

Very good; clean, tight, creative, good tune, congratulations to you and the band!

Pat Chaney July 18th, 2004 06:04 AM

Wow, this is excellent. The video work is very well suited to the fast pace of the music, and this easily matches/beats most of what I've seen on MTV (and the countless other music channels). Even the ending is cool!

Brad Richmond July 18th, 2004 07:01 AM

HOT!!!!!!!

Very nice, right on par with the "big boys", and I bet it cost a lot less than $100k+!