Almost Same-Day Edit at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 20th, 2009, 02:59 PM   #1
Major Player

Almost Same-Day Edit

So this video was created in the hours after my return from the event with the goal of getting it uploaded by Noon the next day. It helps to be the only shooter, and knowing the footage intimately. With a bit more time, I would have tweaked the audio during the ceremony. You can still hear the fountain right behind the bride and groom. Impossible to eliminate entirely, but I should have laid a bed of 'room tone' below her vows. I'll save that for the final edit. Comments are always welcome.

http://vimeo.com/4227709

Last edited by Oren Arieli; April 20th, 2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: fixed link
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 11:10 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Nice work Oren. The edit cut together nicely with the soundtrack. Loads of emotion too.

Lots of B&W but you made it work. Well done.

Cheers,

Matt.
Matt Barwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:07 AM   #3
Major Player

Thank you for the kind words. I think this rides the line between emotional/somber...I didn't want to make it seem like a sad day....after all, it was a fun group.
Old April 30th, 2009, 08:18 PM   #4
Trustee

Great work,
HV30? amazing, I always say no mater what you filming with, it's how you do it,
keep going Oren, anybody can buy an expensive camera, not everybody can see it like this.
Old May 1st, 2009, 09:49 AM   #5
Major Player

Owing to its light weight, I found that the HV30 on a Merlin is better for bridal prep than the XH-A1 on a monopod (my previous solution). I can easily cover 1 hour of prep without fatigue. Drop the HV30 on a tripod during ceremony and its back to the XH-A1 for superior control and stability. When properly exposed, you'll have a hard time telling between the two cameras. Even on my HD monitor, the results from outdoor shoots are nearly indistinguishable. Of course, all this goes to pot when you're in low light. But the A1 is no champ in that department either. RED, where the heck is my Scarlett?
Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:56 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Great work Oren! Really loved the Merlin shots and the editing turned out great! You do fantastic wedding video work.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work